Thread: What to expect at first OB appt?

Question What to expect at first OB appt?

Hi girls!

I have my first OB appt in two weeks, and was just wondering if someone could tell me what to expect? Thanks

They will most likely weigh you, check your bp, do an internal to check your cervix and probably a pap smear as well. They will ask you the first day of your LMP and do your dates from then, so if you have a longer than usual cycle (meaning you may ovulate late) I would let them know. They will prob suggest a hospital to book into, and talk about nuchal tanslucency scans - they may send you for a dating scan as well. Depending on how far along you are you may be able to hear the heartbeat as well. Write down all the questions you want to ask about food/exercise/sex/spotting/anything else, because you will forget on the day. Hop eit goes well.

do all obs do internals right from the start? I thought they didn't do them till right at the end??

I had my first ob app a week ago, he didn't do an internal.

who is your ob?

My ob never did an internal until I was past my due date.
    My ob was lovely he did give me a breast examination and asked whether I'd had a recent pap smear (which i had) I had already had my bloods done with my doctor. THen he checked my ultrasound and had a chat with my husband and myself. He was great because he told us about himself and his family situation (he had 6 kids! and his wife was a midwife at the surgery) She took my blood pressure and the dreaded weight - and after that he didn't weigh me. My GP was a different story he was forever weighing me!
    Good luck!