Thread: What little white lies have you told?

Default What little white lies have you told?

Just curious about the kinds of little white lies or excuses that other girls have told people early on in their pregnancy (when still not telling the world what is going on)? How do you cover up not drinking alcohol, morning sickness or early weight gain?

So far I have used a sore throat to avoid drinking wine at dinner. (although I really did have a bit of a sore throat it would never have stopped me having a glass of red before!).

On antibiotics
    Im the driver
    Have a tummy bug
    Damn chocolate ive been eating making me gain weight

I indulged too much in Thailand on holidays
    I have a UTI so am on antibiotics
    I'm tired because DD has been waking up during the night and climbing into bed with me

i had a few drinks last night and is still a bit seedy

HI KAZ!!!!!!I just wanted to say conratulations!!YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!Ive been quite slack lately and havent been checking up as much in the ttc thread,thats great!It didnt take you long at all!As for the question you asked,well i just really wanted to say hello but last night i went out and the other 2 girls had some wine and good thing is they didnt force the issue(since usually i have some)and i just said i was too thirsty so would prefer some softdrink for now and then they forgot anyway hahaha!

Hey 1pj - thanks mate! No it didn't take long. I was expecting at least a few months trying. Kind of hard to believe still.....

Thanks for the ideas girls!

Congards, i would use the excuse that im on antibiotics if they ask what for i would say tonsilitis, keeps my DP up, he's always being sick and stuff when hes got it, so its a good fitting excuse cause it explains the sickness, tiredness and m/s.
    Good luck on your pregaz.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

My xmas party last year I told them I was trying to lose weight so I have given up drinking & starting to eat right etc.....Only they knew me too well and suspected I was pregnant. I have also used being the driver and its not worth drinking when DS gets up early anyway.

I used the anti-biotics excuse, I think most people dont want to ask too many questions when it comes to that.
    Good luck keeping your exciting news a secret & congrats!

Or you can have soft drink & say it's vodka & ..... then no-one will ever know

I too have not told a soul yet!! Probably this weekend we'll let the cat outta the bag!!

I have used on a diet, filled my wine glass with a dash of wine and then with soda water, used des driv. and I have a cold.. (sniff a little!)

Unless you see them everyday, it works ok. noone has even asked or been curious yet!! I wear tops that are tight up top, but flair from under the bust anyway, so haven't changed my wardrobe either.
    Good luck hon!!

Thanks for the ideas girls! Good to know I'm not the only one telling porkies to friends!!

Purplemamma you've done so well to get to 12 weeks without telling a soul!! Well done I don't think I could last that long.......I'm only just over 5 weeks now and dying to tell people

I've only told a couple of people who would get suspicious of my lack of internet activity. I have a fitness blog and I am sure people are going to wonder why I am not posting my daily training soon - because I am too under the weather to train!

The antibiotics one is a good one.

I had to use a little white lie of an old foot injury to excuse why I wasn't doing my normal 35km training per week running load.
    And this afternoon when I had to come home early from work I just said I was feeling unwell - perfectly tangible in the afternoon!