Thread: what now?

Default what now?

ok so i had my positve confirmed by my gyno so what do i do now do i go see my GP and tell them? when do u have first appt and stuff?
    i have forgotten all this stuff!! :shock:
    also can someone recommend a good book about pregnancy and stuff?

Hi My first appt was at 9 weeks and they scheduled blood tests, ultrasoundand did the usual checkup. I saw my GP just after bubby was confirmed and he gave me a form to ring the hospital and book in for the 9 week appt. Every doctor is different your gyno may do all this for you in a couple of weeks but you can go see your gp and see what they wanna do. I had an ultrasound at 10weeks to get my exact due date (which changes with every docs visit) and then they did another one at 12 weeks which was the Nuchal Translucency where they test for downs syndrome, This test is optional but if youd like to do it make sure you talk to your doc about it as not all docs will suggest it,Then from there you just see how you go. I hope this helps.
    Have a great day
    Mel

A book that I would recommend is Kaz Cook's book Up the Duff, it has a week by week account of your pg, I've used it for all 4 of my pg's. You could see your Dr now or in a few weeks, just depending on when you want to go. HTH.

I too recommend Up the Duff, by Kaz cook..

I would call the hospital that you plan to deliver in and book a bed.. The private hospital I will be having bubs ( and where i had DD) books so quickly that if you have not booked by 7 weeks you go on a waiting list !

i wont be having it private so i dont have to worry bout that do i?

If you want to have an early u/s done you could go to your GP and ask for a referral, but you don't necessarlily have to have an u/s early on. Most girls don't have their first one done until 12 weeks. Another good book is "What to expect when you are expecting" I can't remember the authors name.

I would still ring your hospital and book a bed regardless of if you are going private or public.

Good luck.

When your going through a public hospital they book you in and book your place at the first visit with the clinic.
    Have a great day
    Mel

Vicky Guest

Hi Mummy,

Up the Duff is really good but I also found another one called Birth by Catherine Price and Sandra Robinson. Another one which is beautifully written is by Jools Oilver (Jamie Olivers wife). It is called Minus nine to one. It is not a medical book but an account and often very funny one at that of her TTC and her two pregnancies. I read it in one day

I also have Birth by Catherine Price and Sandra Robinson.. ive found it really helpful as it covers everything from pregnancy symptoms to hair dye and things like that..

I have up the duff and the one by Jools Oliver - that was great, i read it in one day too!!!