Thread: what week? Up the Duff

clare076 Guest

Default what week? Up the Duff

This may seem like a silly question and for that I apologise, but I am reading up the duff and trying to work out which week I read. I am supposedly 10 weeks 1 day, so does week 10 or week 11 correspond with this??? For those that have read the book, I know the length ruler at the start of each week symbolises how big your baby will be, but is that at the start of the week or the end?

You wouldn't guess I have done this before, I have really confused myself.

I would say that since you're over ten weeks, that means you're into your eleventh...so go read that eleventh week chapter!
    Hm, does that mean your ticker is one week ahead?!

I'm with Fletch on this one... I would read week 10, as that is the week you've just entered.
    I am 17 weeks 4 days , so I read about week 17, as thats what is happening to my baby now.
    I hope this makes sense !!! lol
    Lisa

Well, I'm 4m pregnant and in my 5th month, same with weeks: I'm 18w pregnant and in my 19th week. That's because you don't get a week 0: the first day of your period is 1d pregnant, ovulation is 15d pregnant: easy, 0+1 and 2+1, right? So weeks 0 and 2. No. Weeks 1 and 3; there is no "week 0".

Does that make sense? HOWEVER, if the book reads like 20w "woo hoo, half-way now" then I'm willing to bet it didn't start right at the beginning and probably missed conception (like most books - it's the websites that start at w1!) so in my books I'm looking at w18.

beastie Guest

ryn is right

another example: we are living in the 21st century

clare076 Guest

Thanks
    I am not sure what week I am currently in, there is debate about my EDD (2 week difference as far as ob is concerned) I am 12w1d by LMP, 10w 6d by O date and 10w1d by ob scan. Go figure!

She's written the book so that when you're in week 4 you read week 4. When you're week 22 and 4 days, you read week 22.

I would have said the same as Ryn. At 10 wks 1 day you are in Week 11. Maybe Kaz Cooke did it the other way though, not sure.

I also have a 2 week discrepancy in dates, but I was bfing and having very irregular AFs, so I trust the scan date much more than the LMP date (I have no idea about my O date!). Sounds like you might be somewhere between your O date and the scan date.