Thread: What's normal for the baby's heart rate??

Default What's normal for the baby's heart rate??

Could someone please let me know what is normal for the baby's heart rate.

Because at 9 weeks 4 days the heart rate was 183 and at my 12 week check it was only 122 both times I was told this was normal but I had two different sonographer's. Just wandering if it's normal for the heart rate to vary so much or should I check with my OB?

Hope someone can help me out ?

Thanks,
    xxdd

dd - I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on the forum of someones baby having a heartrate anywhere between 127 and 179 over the period of her pregnancy and her carers didn't blink an eye so I wouldn't be panicking about it it seems it can easily be the case. I have certainly heard of low 130s to high 160s quite regularly. Make sure to ask your OB if it does concern you - to ease your mind but I don't think it's an issue really

Thanks Jaspen, I will discuss this with my OB.

xxdd

DD - Matthew`s HB @ 9 weeks, 5 days was 171bpm after this it was always hovering around 142bpm with this pregnancy @ 8 weeks it was 136bpm and at 12 weeks it was 150bpm.

I`ve just found a link for you and the last post is from Alan who`s mentioned about the normal HB for a baby, this is the link http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20033

HTH

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi dd311

Baby's heart rate should be between 110 and 160. But it is not unusual for it to be higher. When we exercise our heart rate goes up. And when your baby is moveing it's heart rate goes up.
    Try not to worry hun, your baby sounds fine to me

Fee Guest

At 13w6d our baby's heartrate was 158bpm.

Thanks Dee, Alan and Fee you have all made me feel better. Appreciate your help.

xxdd