Thread: what's your "belly" looking like?

Default what's your "belly" looking like?

Hey guys

Just wondered what people's bellies are looking like in the 1st trimester.

This is my first pregnancy...I'm 7w1d...but already I have this little (or not so little) belly developing!

Admittedly, I have never have a flat tummy (at all!)...but this certainly seems more than additional "Christmas cheer"

I'm having to wear all my knickers a little lower...as well as my pants.

My "belly" seems to start from quite high up...and is starting to get a little harder...

What about you guys?

Wow - you must have read my mind today - LOL...

I woke up this morning and thought the same thing - is this normal. I am 6wks2days and have also noticed a litle more christmas cheer than normal. I really wasn't expecting anything so soon - but there is a definate little bump similar to what you describe - "starts up high and is getting harder". Whilst I wouldn't call my normal tummy a six pack it has always been fairly flat and toned - but this is quite noticable to me.

I guess that it is probably very different for each person and depends on a number of things.

All I know is that it gives me a little laugh whenever I catch it in the mirror!!

Enjoy it........

Well I am not too sure what my belly is doing!!

Before getting pg I was going to the gym 5 days a week and doing about 1500 sit ups (OMG - not in one day, over the 5 days but that is still alot!!) I stopped that as soon as I knew I was pg. So now my tummy is sticking out but not too sure if it is baby or just cause i stopped doing situps!! But I am pretending it is baby!!

Well I have some pics on bub's website of what my belly has been doing, in my photo gallery I have more pics from when I was in the early days of pgncy until just the other day.

But I can say I cant wait to have a belly!! I am planning on being a beach babe this summer and proudly displaying my baby belly.

If you click on my name & then view my site you can see my tummy & it's rapidly increasing, I wrear it with pride & everyone at works has been asking when I am due when I say in 30wks they say there are 2, but it was the same when I was preg with Indah,m with maddy I was a beach bum & my skinniest & fittest ever & was weraing hipsters & bikini's etc in Bali til about 25ish wks with a little rounf bump!! Now it just is a big round bulge! I wear mine with pride I love it & Dh rubs it lovingly at night... I'll add another pic soon, maybe I'll get Maddy to take it & dopwnload it for me!! hee hee

wow is all I can say especially to tracey.

I havent noticed a bulge, just my current one feels a little firmer. I think It may take a little while for me because I lost a total of 17 kg all up before i got preggo, so I guess I have some loose sking to fill and my uterus is starting to stretch from scratch.

I can't wait for it to bulge like a proper preggo belly. But give me time to tell people first lol

My belly is looking and feeling flabby and saggy today Maybe that's because I already have 4 babies and have no baby in my tummy to fill out the over stretched skin

Seriously though girls. Your tummy's are something to be proud of. Very cute indeed. Atleast now you don't have to hold your stomach in after a feed, or anytime for that matter.

Enjoy being able to let it all hang out

Fletch, not a bad belly you've got happening there. Funny how we will gladly show it off when there's a bub in there but at any other time, GO AWAY !!! LOL.

No one is seeing my elephant skin. I would love a tummy tuck now

Debbie Lee Guest

My belly looks the same... fat and wobbly. I'm a pretty big girl so I don't look preggo until well into the second trimester. Might even be further this time. I don't bother taking belly photos early on as a result
    I envy you ladies that can tell a difference early on. Oh for a little belly (like yours Fletchy)!

ahhhhhhh am I glad to find this thread pheeewwie LOL my belly had grown ALOT over the past few weeks and I felt a little embarresed to say I was only 11 weeks etc... as people looked at me like hmmm 'really', even just in the past day my bump has become harder and rounder, I do feel proud of my belly now that I have read this I felt like a bit of a freak b4 so thanks girls, ahhh and no belly shots for me yet eaither I am with Debbie Lee on that one LOL I will wait till it looks a little more like pg than flabby hehehehe.

sajemsha Guest

Talking hi girls!

Excellent threat, I too am in the plus sizes, so to everyone else at 10 weeks I probably look like I've had to much Christmas cheer, but I've lost a kilo in the last two weeks so I know it's baby My tummy is starting to get rounder and sticking out more, doesn't surprise me that I've started showing early, this is my 4th baby and I already have no toning on my tummy

Rose :biggrin:

ravenmyst Guest

I'm 6 weeks now and I've found that my pants are a little bit tighter - but not due to xmas kilos - I've lost those already. So I'm wondering how fast I'll grow too. This is my first child and I'm a larger woman too. So I guess people will be just thinking I pigged out over xmas ... well I did a bit lol.

Hi gals, Im only 8wks and already have a little tum, I think its mainly due to bloating but I tried to "suck it in" in front of the mirror, but nope it didnt move! It feels a lot firmer, so Im scared i wont be able to hide it for much longer, as none of my pants fit around the belly! My mum told me id start to show a little at 8wks as it was the same for her with me and my brother. Like Amy said, Im getting embarresed as 'normal' people dont have a belly til after 12wks. Because I carry a little extra weight I thought Id just look normal til 12wks.

Tammy05 Guest

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the site and hope to get to know you gals. I had a flat tum until I was 20wks with my first. This time I am 8 weeks and already have a bloated hard tum. I can't believe it! I to try to suck in in but can't, so I know its baby. I have to undo the button to my jeans, have maternity clothes but wanted to be at least 16wks before I started wearing them again.
    I have already got a determintation this time to make sure my stomach gets a work out once I have had this one in August, although after C-Sec it is alot harder to work out.

Tam