Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you notice a 'belly'?

Default When did you notice a 'belly'?

Hi all
    Just thought it would be interesting to see when you (or if you) have noticed your 'belly' starting??
    I am half excited and half scared about these changes!

I am nearly 11 weeks and I have noticed I am a lot 'rounder' and my clothes are getting tighter... I cant wait til I can tell people the news so that I can accentuate the roundness not hide it under baggy and unflattering clothes!

What about all of you...

I was to skinny tall build... And me and most of the people around me noticed my belly by 12weeks... By 16 weeks everyone could notice.

Too early for a tum for me you can't notice anything, give it time I'm anticipating being queen of the seacows soon enough (if I make itthat far..)

Im 11 weeks also and yesterday i woke up and notice a 'rounded' belly too. THis is my third pregnancy though. With my first pregnancy i was 35 weeks pregnant and i remember still having to tell people i was pregnant with 5 weeks to go....

I always had a bit of a pudge but noticed that i was a bit bigger two weeks after conception, I'm suspecting that it was just bloating tho. lol
    I've found a lot of my normal pants are not being worn as often because they just don't feel or sit right anymore. My stomach has really started to round out and firm up a bit this last week or so (8-9 weeks). Looks more pregnant than chocolate addiction now. lol

I'm like you, pregpan, can't wait to be able to let it all hang loose and wear preggie clothes instead of yesterday feeling fat. Although, family and friends know so I can breathe out around them.

Aaah so I am not imagining it or making it up.... I guess I am getting rounder. My clothes 'fit' but they are uncomfrtable and my shape is different! I am sure ppl think I have just put on a bit of weight!!! Will be soooo good when I can tell people in just over a week now (going for scans etc end of next week!)

I started getting a bit more "round" at about 11 weeks too. DH and I could notice, but other people didnt really notice till about 4 or 5 weeks after that. I coulld still wear my usual pants, but they were just a bit tighter. I also felt a bit bloated then, so it was probably partly bloating and partly baby for me.

Yay about your scan next week too!! I loved my scans, it was just the best to see little bub on the u/s.

I am 8 weeks and noticed yesterday my spare tyre isnt so tyre like anymore as it is rounding out... I am also going to the toilet a lot more this week so I think there has been some growth in there... If I lay on my right side I need to go the toilet within 10 mins.

11 weeks soon and my tummy is def getting more preggy less pudgy lol

heidi Guest

Baby belly has arrived - now having to get creative with my wardrobe. Still not poking out beach ball style, but there's definitely a rounder look to my tummy

yep thats how i feel (and I am just 11 weeks!) like my clothes can go on but they dont look v good! not big enough for mat clothes but need to get creative with my wardrobe until then... i just went to witchery and they have heaps and heaps of stretchy and baby doll style tops, the lady there was telling me how they are good to see you thru the 'in b/n' times pre and post baby! i snapped up 3 new tops that should see me thru a few more weeks without people noticing too much! i am sure ppl just think i have put on weight or something!

Yep I'm 10.5 weeks and definitely noticing the pants getting tighter and the tum getting rounder. I"ve been very careful with my diet so it's def preggy related and not chocolate! Though I don't think anyone else will notice for a while as I'm quite large already and they probably just think of me as *fat*. It's not the same as when you're skinny and you start to bulge in a very specific way!

Im with you Marydean.

I think i have a room all ready for the baby to move into (i carry all my weight in my bottom half) so it will prob take a while for me to even think to myself that its a preggie belly, let alone others. But i have noticed my mum staring at my belly lately as if its changed some how - and i havent even told my parents yet! Although the bb's are making up for the lack of noticable growth - much to the delight and facination of my DH!!

goldilocks Guest

I'm only just 9w and I've already got a bump! DH commented on it last night, saying how round and firm it felt. I'm kinda glad he said that because I was worried I was just putting on fat from all the extra food I've been scoffing lately! LOL

I can still fit into all my regular pants/skirts though because the bump is quite high up, just under my belly button. I think if you're a little on the slim side, you start to show sooner.

Belle
    -xxxooo-

I started noticing that clothes didn't fit so well at around 10 weeks, and by 12 weeks I was into maternity pants, because I couldn't stand anything tight around my middle. But I think to other people I just looked pudgy until around 16 weeks (or, in my mum's terminology "really potty" - charming!) but massive growth spurt around 16/17 weeks & I've well and truly popped. Even though I might have looked a bit plump, when I felt my tummy, even in the early stages, it's not the same as feeling excess weight, for me it was firmer & rounder.

Hi

I am on my third pg and noticed my belly started to stick out slightly around 6-7 weeks - without me actually gaining any weight. It wasn't really noticeable to anyone else though! Now I am 10 1/2 weeks and my skirts/pants are getting tight, and those who know can see I am starting to show. I guess other people just think I'm getting fat, or it's middle-aged spread! lol

First time, I was out of my normal clothes by 15 weeks. I could tell, but it was still quite a few weeks before anyoen else could.

This time, I'm still in my normal clothes at 15 weeks - but look a LOT more pg! Depending on what I wear, I look VERY pg!

I'm now wearing some maternity shorts and they are so comfortable. I can still wear my old pants but it just feels uncomfortable. Yesterday i bought a couple of shirts that are gathered just under my bb's , and i swear i look like i have a rockmellon under my shirt. (i've even noticed a slight waddle!!!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast