Thread: When did you stop sleeping on your stomach??

Red face When did you stop sleeping on your stomach??

I am a an addicted stomach sleeper and I know in my past 2 pregnancies I missed it soooooooooo much!! I am now 13 weeks and still find myself waking up sleeping on my stomach!. I was just wondering when everyone else stopped sleeping on their tummies??

I'm still doing it......is that wrong????

Ive only just stopped in the last few days (so around 16-17 weeks) because I found my uterus was pushing on my bladder while I was on my stomach making me *think* I needed to wee every 5 minutes LOL

~Jane~ Guest

I still sometimes sleep sort of half on mine but it is starting to get a bit big and the baby kicks and carries on if I lay that way LOL.

It's not wrong, just a matter of comfort, the bigger you get the harder it will be to get comfortable on your tummy.

I must say I am not enjoying this sleeping on my side business, I have to get up because my hips ache so much, even with a pillow between my legs.

Oh good! But yeah, I won't be able to do it for much longer.

I stopped when I got a belly. I found it too uncomfortable by that stage.

I pretty much stopped from the start only because I couldn't actually stand any kind of pressure on my belly...this included clothes so it was annoying!! Having just had my little man last week ...my first night home in my bed and sleeping on my tummy was like being in heaven!!

Oh thats great to hear. I didnt know if it was safe for the baby or not....Thanks girls!

Have you tried using a body pillow (you know, the really long ones) to prop you up around your belly? I'm not up to this stage yet (obviously) - but my friend (who is also an addicted belly sleeper), said that this allowed her to keep sleeping on her belly.

The only thing to be concerned about is your uterus pushing against the nerves and blood vessels running down your spine. If you sleep on you tummy, then baby gets pushed against them and can stop blood getting through. Or if you sleep directly on your back, then same thing, baby is lying on those same nerves and vessels.
    Try a pillow under your side so that you are propped up a bit.

I'm still sleeping on my belly, but I am propped up on my body pillow ... they are the best!

I can't sleep not on my belly, and if I don't have the pillow I have problems with Blobble kicking me heaps, plus its just really uncomfortable.

I'm still sleeping on my stomach and don't think that I'll be stopping any time soon. Always was and always will be a tummy sleeper. I just make sure that I prop a pillow under me a little bit, or under my leg to ease some of my weight off my stomach

hiya,

i stopped around the 18 weeks mark as it was just becoming too uncomfortable. I talked myself into sleeping on my left side as its good for circulation. I really missed it tho and it was one of the first things I did after I had Corey!