Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when do you get a maternity bra????

Default when do you get a maternity bra????

i am only 4 weeks and cant for the life of me remember when i started wearing a maternity bra with my first 2 prgs.my bbs have grown so much i am a size 12 d normally and i am now hanging out of them.they are very sore and dont feel like they are getting enough support,when did you girls start waering one.any sugestions of were to get it fitted or prefered brand>

I had to get one early too about 8 weeks. I found my underwire bras were too uncomfortable. I had a breast reduction a few years ago but they have grown back with this pg. I think it comes down to personal choice but I think you are supposed to get one relatively early becauase of the milk supply??

For both my last and this current pregnancy I pretty much was in a maternity bra from about 5 weeks pg. My bb's were soooo sore that I just had to.

The most important thing is to be comfortable, so go get one fitted ASAP.

Cheers,

Rachel

i ahve been using one sicne umm about 20 weeks i think.. my other ones just weren comfy enough

take care
    Lesley

At 10 weeks pg I just bought the next bra size up... But once I bought my maternity bras at around 20 weeks, I realised how much more comfy they were!

I ripped out underwire from one that I could sacrifice and I got cheap softcup as maternity bras didn't fit me till about 7 months pg.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Congratulations Nicole!!! There is an article on the main site about when to buy a maternity bra, but you'll have to wait another week to read it
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I got my maternity bra at about 8 weeks, but i've already out grown it! I am going to have to buy a new one when I next go into town. 8-[

"They" say to get fitted for a maternity bra at or around 4 months or 16 weeks. I guess that really does depend on how much you have grown. I went and got fitted at Myres, somewhere else you can go to is bras and things or another speciality store. You don' have to buy their bras just tell them you want to get fitted so you know what size you need.
    I'm bad, most days I don't wear mine, there is so much extra material in them and they make me all hot and sweaty. I'm normally on in a 12A but atm need a 14D so the bras are huge compared to what I'm used too.

Take care
    Trish

Hey Nicole,

Soo glad you asked that question, My normally comfy 10D bb's are just bulging out of my bra and extremely sore, I was completely unaware that they would get so large so quick. My partner tactfully suggested I should ge get one of those "open up" bras, which I presume he ment maternity bras but I felt that at 4-5 weeks I was jumping the gun a bit, but I will have to buy a few new bras anyhow I just don't fit these ones.

Does anyone who's been there before know, how much more do bb's suffer? I am hoping that I don't have another 30 odd weeks of growing bb's and do you think I am jumping the gun?

CANNIEL, i just noticed you are PG, did I miss something! CONGRATULATIONS, I told you I had a feeling, did you end up doing that fortel ultra test, or did you just wait for a blood test?

i started wearing a maternity bra at about 12 weeks when i outgrew my normal bra, but had same prob with kate, it is hard to find onw that your giant nippled don't show through!

I had to go out and bra my first pregnancy bra at 4 weeks, my BB`s were getting so squashed in my padded 12B Bra, I ended up being fitted as I had no idea what I was, she said I was a 12C depending on the make I ended up buying a 12B triumph, I then had to go and buty another bra when I was about 14/16 weeks, this time a 12C from Target so much cheaper, I`m now 30weeks pregnant and again I need new bras but I`m trying to hold out as close to bubs due date as possible - don`t know if I`ll be able to though.

Take Care

Deeanne

Good topic. Can someone tell me why you're not supposed to wear underwire? I just found that out yesterday but all my old bras are underwire

I bought one around 20 weeks, then had to go the next size up again at around 30 weeks.

I think your not spose to wear underwire coz it can block up the milk ducts or something. Someone please correct me if im wrong. 8-[

Thats correct Tegan, it`s best to avoid underwire throughout pregnancy as they will block your precious milk ducts, afterall we have to look after our BB`s if we want to BF a mat bra is best or even a crop top if you don`t want to wear a mat bra so early but they are so comfortable.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hey Min,

Sorry I have just kinda snuck in here, I didn't wait for a blood test I did another couple of HPT and the 2nd line came straight up nice and strong . So with that confidence i went back to the :doc: and so did hers, so she has refered me straight to an ob and once i have booked in with him, I will have blood tests then, there is no doubt in my mind now tho that I am pg with all the symptoms that have swallowed me. DP has mentioned a couple of times that my bb's just seam to be growing over night and then there is every other tell tale sign.

Sorry for not sort of shouting it from the sky, I just didn't feel right, with there being so many people on the forum still trying so hard, (esp Andrea)

But girls you think it is quite acceptable to get a mat bra if I need to buy a bigger size one? and hope my bb's stay that size

aww Cann, it's OK to shout it from the rafters in here, everyone will be thrilled for you, esp those TTC gals, because they know exactly what you are going through ya duffer. That is such great news, I am so happy for you, shows how well you know your body after GP told you you werent PG!

it is definately acceptable to get a maternity bra, you have to do whatever you can to keep your BB's comfortable, trust me!

Thanks Min,

Needless to say I have not gone back to that dr. He has already shown that he doesn't listen. think I will find an arvo when i can ditch the DP to go bra shopping, I much prefer the opinion of a girlfrind who can be the judge of if my bb's look the right shape in a bra, which is ofcourse 2nd most important thing after comfort -- I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast