Thread: When is the earliest you can feel your baby?

Default When is the earliest you can feel your baby?

When is the earliest that you can feel your baby and what does it feel like. I have felt a couple of times this strange tingling feeling. Not like a flutter, its hard to explain. It felt like the baby was doing a bungy of the cord, cause I could feel in from about the belly button down to the top of the pubic hair area but only in one spot, sorry TMI. I suppose it could have been a stretchy feeling also.

Hi puppies!
    i have seen you have posted a few times worried in 1st trimester!
    Rest assured though first few months are scary as you dont look or feel pregnant! but remember no news is good news at this stage

As for movement - a lot of girls do feel movement early.

However i was 21 weeks with DD and 20 weeks with #2 (now) before i got movement so almost 5 months!

Everyone is different!

Congrats on your pregnant and hope it is healthy and happy for you!

With my eldest DD I felt movement around 18 weeks. With my second dd I didn't feel her move until 24 weeks. I was so scared that I hadn't felt her move earlier but a scan showed the placenta was at the front of my tummy and thats why I hadn't felt her move earlier in my pregnancy.

Happy pregnancy puppies

I felt flutters at 12 weeks (after NT scan) and nothing again until 16 weeks (after amnio). Proper movement was at around 20 weeks.

Thanks girls. What did the movement feel like at 12 weeks? Can anyone explain what it feels like at all? I am not as worried as I was before, but I guess I do have a bad habit of being over sensitive to each small thing I feel. But after getting through the first 12 weeks I am feeling a lot more positive. You will be pleased that I hired a Doula and she is going to help me work on thinking more positive about everything. I am looking forward to that.

hi puppies!

This is our first baby and I first felt movement late week 16. Definitely feeling them now. They arent constant though, they come and go througout the day.

They first felt like a muscle twitch and a poking feeling.

Hope you feel your little one soon!

I felt flutters at 17weeks with my DS, took me a little while to click on to what it was but after i realised it was pretty obvious too. I was working and sitting at the computer and really feel things. It's kind of like a windy feeling too i think, wind but on the inside of your body. Once you realise it'll happen all the time. Good luck

Smile

I had movements with my son at 13 weeks, he was moving against the pelvic bone it was like a ripple down my belly, the midwife said it was too early, but on an inspection of my tummy she got a rather big kick/movement the look on her face was priceless. Normally they say around the 20 week mark is when we start to feel strong movements. A lucky few of us feel them earlier I was around 15weeks with this one, if it is movements you'll keep feeling them, that was the case with me.
    Snoopea

Hi puppies, with DD#1 i felt her first movement at 15-16wks it was like a sharp kick.
    With DD#2 (on the way) i felt a flutter at 9wks then 1 kick/movement at 12 weeks, again it was like someone poking me quickly from the inside. Then at 16wks i started feeling kicks and movements and it hasnt stopped.
    But like PinkPalace said it's different for everyone. Alot of ppl who are thin/small tend to feel things earlier.
    Enjoy the peace why you have it cause before you know it you be getting kicking and poked in the ribs. lol
    (which is what im getting now. lol)

pups - I have been feeling this one since week 13, and sure of what I have been feeling since week 14. This one seems to move around a bit. Felt Ds at around 13weeks too.

Thats great, I am going to pay more attention to what I feel. I think I am feeling the baby every now and then but just not sure if its the baby or stretching bits.
    Thanks girls it was nice to hear your experiences, has been a tough week and I needed a cheer up!