Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are you /did you have your first scan? wks?

Smile When are you /did you have your first scan? wks?

Im only around 6wks along but I'm wondering when I should organise a dating scan,

We are moving Monday.
    So I have to find a GP
    get a referral etc

But how long would you wait?

Itso ur second bub so we now what u/s look like but had our DS's at 8wks to confirm dates and couldnt see much and then only at 21 weeks

So what should I aim for?

Im not sure...

I had one at 7w 5d coz i had a small bleed, and i was so so sick and dehydrated I had to stay in hospital, so they did one just to check if bub was okay, thats when they dated it.

Then at 12weeks

And again at 19w 3d (I was leaving for a holiday in England so they did it early)

And then I had a 3D/4D one at 31weeks....but that was just for enjoyment

Congratz btw

i was 9 weeks with this one, never had a dating scan b4 though.
    next scan isat 12 weeks and then 20

I just had mine at 6w5d had a HB of 122
    Last edited by Ahurani; July 31st, 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Had mine around 7 weeks...

Then the NT at 13 weeks, will be having this one a little later this time around, as DH is away at work, so will be more like 14 weeks

Then the morph at 21 weeks last time.

We had ours at our first appointment with our OB which was at 10 weeks. Unless you have a history of problems, my OB won't see you until 10 weeks. I think it was a great time as there was a definite heartbeat not to mention DD acutally resembled a baby, albeit a tadpole baby. LOL! Our next scan was at 12 weeks then 16 then 20 then every appointment with the OB from there.

The first NB scan is at 13 weeks when they check for abnormalities in the skin around the neck/spine (can't remember what it is called) Before that it's just to check for dates so if you are 100% certain about your dates then aim to get an appointment around the 11 week mark so you can have the scan in time. IMO anyway.

i had mine at what i thought was 6 weeks an i was actually 5w 5d was still great tho got to see the heartbeat at 105 BPM made it all feel so real.. next scan will be 13 weeks cant wait!!

12 weeks, NT scan.

Dating scan's aren't routinely done. Generally your dates are more accurate anyway, presuming your cycles are reasonably regular. But if want/need one about 6-7 weeks is a good time.

We had scans at about 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 20 weeks and again at 30 weeks admittedly we TTC for 5 years and a miscarriage 3 months before so the Fertility Clinic was over accomodating and reassuring to say the least.

I'll have a scan next week if I can, just gotta ring up and book it in cos I already have the referral. I heard the most common gestation for miscarriage is about 8 weeks, so I've always had a scan at around that time, just for reassurance, if that makes sense? My sister also had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, so I think its hard for me to believe its real unless I see it at that time....

However, I don't get the 12 week scan, just the 20 week one.

had 1 at around 4 weeks cos we weren't sure how far I was but didn't see much except the sack next was at 6 weeks and saw the HB then but didn't hear it, next we 12 weeks and my next 1 is at 19 weeks. Thinking of getting the 3D done but not sure if I can afford it

I had scans at 6 weeks, 9 weeks (had some bleeding) 12 weeks, 20 weeks, then 2 after 30 weeks. But in saying that I have diabetes so they were keeping a close eye on bubs

I was 100% sure of my dates so didn't have a dating scan. First scan was NT scan at 12 weeks.

First scan for us was 12 weeks.

Well I'm hoping to have had a u/s by the end of this week :-)

Dr sent me back for repeat HCG blood test just to make sure HCG levels continue to increase (not that there is any hint of there being anything wrong but just because the first blood test came back with an estimate of me being 2-3 wks, so 4-5 wks actually).

I'm getting the blood test on Monday, results on Tuesday, then hopefully I'll get a referal for a u/s as I've got little idea on dates other than what the blood test has indicated thus far.

Default Re: When are you /did you have your first scan? wks?

Had one at 8 weeks due to past history and being concerned about not seeing a heartbeat

DH and I are heading for our first scan next week, which by estimate will be 8w3d! Have to get a dating scan due to irregular cycles and PCOS so this little person is definitely a miracle!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast