Thread: When are you going to tell everyone?

Debbie Lee Guest

Default When are you going to tell everyone?

Hey everyone,
    I thought there was already a similar post in here about this topic so sorry if I am repeating it.
    I have told a few people about our BFP (Mum, sisters, BILs, my team leaders at work and 3 friends that have been supporting me through TTC).
    I am not someone that keeps a secret for very long. I know that they say you shouldn't tell people that you are preg. before 12 weeks but that seems like a lifetime away (almost the end of the school term for me).
    I am thinking about telling everyone when I am 8 weeks. It is only 3.5 weeks away and I think I can handle that amount of time (rather than having to wait another 7.5).
    What do you think?
    I don't really believe in "superstitions" but I think that holding off 'just in case' kinda puts the mozz on it all. I want to shout it from the rooftops!

HI Debbie

I am another that was hopeless at keeping it a secret, so we told everyone as soon as we got the and I mean everyone !!! LOL.

Love :smt049

Hey Deb,

I am hopeless too at keeping secrets. I told 2 of my close friends as soon as I got the and then told mum, nanna pa and my aunties, uncles etc... a couple of days later.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Hi there... I too told people right away. I was in a high risk job and had to tell all of work, which meant that I had to tell family first and then closest friends before I told work, and then the next thing I knew we were telling everyone...

Christy

I think I will wait for a few weeks... not sure when... but I want to wait DP want to blab already! lol
    Tanya

I am telling my parents at 8 weeks and the rest of the world after 12 weeks.

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks guys! Always helps to hear what others have done.
    I think I will wait until I am 8 weeks then shout it from the rooftops! 12 weeks is just too far away!

We told both of our immediate families & our close friends that we see all the time. We are waiting though to tell aunts, uncles etc until my first antenatal appointment which is a 10 weeks.

karls Guest

We are having a family gathering, both families, on Saturday, so we are taking advantage of having everyone in the one place at the one time to tell immediate family members.

Have told one friend at work, but like everyone else, would love to shout it from the rooftop! Will wait until after visiting the Obstetrician, and then tell the world.