Thread: Why nausea with one and not the other!?

Default Why nausea with one and not the other!?

I was just wondering why you get nausea with one pregnancy and nothing with the others? I have had two little boys and had no nausea or vomiting with them apart from the occasional motion sickness with my second. This pregnancy however I am couch bound most of the day and feel soooooooooooo sick. Everyone is saying, oooh it must be a girl!! Is that right? Do different sexes effect morning sickness or not??
    Mine seems to be alllllll day but worse at night. If anyone knows anything, that would be great

pebbles2820 Guest

I only had nausea with one of my three pregnancies also but I've had friends sick with all of theirs, both boys and girls. It's just my opinion but I think every pregnancy is unique and your body has different reactions depending on your age, health, diet and every other thing in your life at the time.

Penny

i'm not sure but its an interesting theory... i know my aunt has two boys and didn't have bad ms eg never vomited but did feel sick sometimes...
    i am trying to figure out the gender of my little one lol dying to know so id be interested if there is some merit to it...

sajemsha Guest

Smile

Hi, I don't think there is any merit to it... with my first 2 girls I was queasy alot and fairly sick. With my third girl I was soooo sick, day and night, I was heaps sicker with her then the other two, everyone said I was having a boy for sure, but there you go 3 girls. With this baby I've been queasy, but I haven't been really that sick at all, so now everyone is saying, it must be a boy, but who knows, I'm hanging out until the ultra sound before I make any predictions

Ohhhh i hope ur right gillian!! I want my little girl so bad......

I have one of each and I was sick as a dog with both of them.....it was worse with the boy though.
    Hope you feel better soon.

I had no m/s with the girls and heaps with Riley so I think it depends on you.

My first was a little boy - m/s for 11 wks

Second was my girl - m/s for 8 mths!!!!!!

Third was my baby boy - m/s for 2 wks (aided by acupuncture - I was NOT going through it all again!!!!)

I have my own theory about how my body carried the boys differently to my girl - but I think is really is quite individualised from woman to woman.

I'm relieved to hear of some women having m/s with some pregnancies and not with others. I haven't had anything yet (of course, it might still be coming!) and I was starting to get a little worried that things were not right. I have heard a number of stories of women who miscarried when they had no m/s, and had healthy pregnancies when they did have it. Good to hear some stories from the other side!