Thread: Why so big?

Default Why so big?

I cant believe that I am only just over 9weeks preg, and already I look 4 Months? I'm shortish and small framed, and I know it hasnt got anywhere else to go, but this is rediculous LOL! I didnt want to tell anyone at work until after the 12 week mark, but already 2 girls have worked it out, based on my belly!!
    The baby is only tiny at the mo, so what is causing the sudden big belly? Is it fluid?

Have a look at mine elly! We're special

Hey Ally, I felt really bloated straight away and by 10 weeks I was heaps bigger too. I was told that it's because of the extra fluid you're carrying.
    Also, it looks like you've had a son already...? I've heard that when you get pg the second and subsequent times your tummy muscles say, 'hey! I've done this before!' and they get bigger quicker... Not sure if that's the same for everyone or not...
    Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!

He he he Danni....You look GREAT!!! Mine is bigger than yours tho at 9weeks I wont mind so much when I can comfortably tell pple, then I wont have to suck it in so much LMAO!!

Amy! Yes, I am definately showing much quicker this time than I did with DS....I thought I was big then LOL!

My friend looked really pg very early she had extra fluid....

LOL Ally!

I don't know of any reason for getting big quicker than 'usual' - I guess it's most likely just a difference between individuals? I think fluid has a lot to do with it. There seems to be so much variation in early symptoms etc so I guess variation in size could be another.

Maybe ask your ob at your next appointment, just to help put your mind at ease?

mistiemoo Guest

Hi

I am also just over 9 weeks and look about 4 months pregnant too. This is my second baby and I have heard that you show faster after you have had one. My Mum said that by the time she was 6 weeks she couldn't do her pants up, I guess I am following her.

My SiL looked bigger than I am now when she was 3 months. I am "small", "neat", or "not six months pregnant", depending on who you ask. But I'm a good 8-9" taller than SiL... so I refuse to be envious that she looked pregnant and everyone adores her!

If you're short it could well be that you're just being evil and looking pregnant early, whereas us bigger girls have to wait ages for a proper bump.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Oh Lord Ally, I am going to be huge with No 3 then!!!!!!!

That is excellent Ally! I had to wait forever to get a baby bump!

I can't wait to see you next! I'd say its because you are so so tiny that you'd notice the extra kg's straight away!!

Awww....Your too kind Lea! I think you will fall over when you see it LOL!!

I am like you Ally, 8 weeks, and I look about 6 months. My Dr said that some women during 2nd pregnancies have extremely high levels of progesteron, which can have quite a severe bloating affect on the belly, he said that is most likely why I look like I am having triplets, my tummy starts right under my belly!!, he couldn't feel my uterus @ 7 weeks, so I dont think I am having multiples!!!

Min, LOL! I keep dreaming I am having twins.....Not so tho! Must just be my mind working OT with the big belly hehehehe!

I was extremely bloated in the first 12 weeks after the bloating settled as the baby got bigger the size slowed down.

Hey, another thing is perspective - do you find that some days you look/feel huge and others you are not so massive?
    I have had a few 'growth spurts' along the way. I was made to feel dreadful by a couple of ladies at my work who said I was "WAY too big" when I was 5 months along, and now that I only have 6 weeks to go, people are saying how small I am! Ah, stuff them all - I'm sure your baby belly is just beautiful.

Marcia Guest

Yep, me too. I am 13 weeks pregnant with my second child and I look huge! I think it's cos my stomach muscles have already gone to hell after the last preg, and probably bloating too. I feel like such a fool when people ask how far along I am and I have to sheepishly say 'only 13 weeks'. I saw a very fit friend the other day who is 17 weeks with her first and she has no tummy at all! How embarassing!