Thread: wierd pain

Default wierd pain

hi everyone. i have developed at really sore tailbone in the last couple of days and i have no idea why.

i have been off work for a couple of weeks on holidays but started back on tuesday(3rd) and halfway through the day my tailbone area started hurting really bad whenever i moved, sat down and just all the time. it hurt persistantly up until bed time that night. Went to bed that night and woke up in the morning and everthing was fine the pain was gone but then half way through the day at work again it started hurting alot, again all day and up til bed time. now i have woken up fine again.

i am wondering what this could be. my job isnt very strenuos i work in child care so i dont think it could have anything to do with the type of movements i do. i read in a book that a sign of miscarrage can be back pain, but is the tailbone area considered back pain?? thanks for your advice. i am almost 10 weeks.

Hollo, I dont think the tailbone pain would be any sign of a M/C, but I'm not sure why you would have it. Could you have hurt it without realising at the time? Also the ligaments could be loosening causing injuries like this.

katrena Guest

Hello
    Wondering if you have found an answer or the pain has stopped since your post...I have had terrible tailbone pain too... I am 7 weeks.
    Hoping it will dissappear soon.

hi everyone. yes i still have the strange pain, it is also radiating down right buttock as well today. i still have no idea what it could be. i think it could be pregnancy related simply because i havent done any exercise or physical activity that would have provoked it. i have just been going about normal daily activities that i am used to doing. i looked it up on net and it says that during 5-7th month baby can press on 'siatica' nerve which causes the same symptoms but i am nowhere near that far along. it is a bit confusing. i guess i will put it down to the ligament thing.

It could be sciatica. I knoe people who have had it in early pg, but not from the tailbone, but that could be it.?

dannik Guest

Default weird pain

Hi I do believe it is pregnancy related as I also suffer with lower back pain, i am 6weeks along and that was my first symptom. I was pregnant earlier in the year but miscarried but back pain was a huge problem then too. I have read that the hormones in your system loosen the muscles in that area and therefore there is not as much support for your spine which causes pain?

Hope it doesnt cause you too much grief! Just think we have to enjoy many more months of it ](*,) !!!

katrena Guest

Thanks all - not great that it may go on and on but reassuring to know I'm not alone.
    Katrena

I would say it's sciatica as well. It's not a nice pain hey! From what I was told when I had the pain in early pregnancy is it's a good idea to have a light massage on the OPPOSITE side of the pain just above your bum (where the sciatic nerve starts). Apparently the sciatic nerve goes from one side & crosses in the middle just above your bum.

dannik Guest

Default weird pain

hmm thanks for that i might get DH to give me a much needed massagell!

dannik - I had a pain that sounds the same as yours a few years ago (not related to pregnancy!) and it turned out to be a wheat deficiency as I'd stopped eating bread! Have ouy changed your diet since becoming pregnant? It may not be associated with your pregnancy at all...

dannik Guest

Hi Donella thanks for that, I dont think that is a problem with me as I do eat a lot of pasta and bread at the moment!? But i will eat a bit more and see if it makes a difference..

hi, just wanted to update about tailbone pain. i went to see doctor yesterday and she said that yes it is most likely pregnancy related due to relaxing of ligaments etc., in that area. she suggested that panadol was ok to take for it and to see a physio who would be able to work on strengthening that area.