Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind Vs Cramps

Question Wind Vs Cramps

Hello Lovelies,

I have a question (or two or three or four). When I saw my GP for a referral to my Ob on Wed he told me to be wary of cramps identical to AF as they are a sign of miscarry (standard spiel he assured me). I know I've had cramps before but can't for the life of me remember what they felt like. Today I've got this feeling in my lower tummy (starts at pelvic line and goes half way up to my belly button) that is kind of "rolling" I guess you could say? On a pain scale of 0-10 it's about a 2, discomfort really as opposed to pain. Enough to stop me from concentrating on my books. I can't feel anything "contracting" so don't know if it's wind or cramps? How do I tell? It's worse if I slouch.
    Ever since we told the IL's we are pregnant, she's been telling me I'm going to loose Bubbles so now anytime I feel anything I'm PETRIFIED that's what's happening. Any ideas?

MG

OMG MG... Did your MIL really say that???
    I have been having similar feelings lately... and it has turned out to be wind.

Oh Thanks Goodness Lisa! Sorry, at least I know I'm normal! This is my first and my MIL has really upset me. Yup, she really said it. Along with other things. She is an awful woman. Thank goodness she lives interstate, I've started screening my calls. But now I keep thinking I'm going to loose Bubbles because of her comments....
    Thanks again for the reassurance!

MG

ROFL Emma! Thanks for that. I feel much more relaxed now. I might just sit back and enjoy Bubbles digging in for the long ride. Hope He/She gets comfy! Thanks again!

babyluv Guest

hey MG,
    Up until about a fotnight ago I swore I was going to get AF. I had slight cramping and this real heavy like discomfort I swore that my pg was all over. But on thursday gone I went and saw the ob and he did a quick scan and bug-a-lugs is fine moving about etc. Good luck and congrats.
    Amy

Mg, you poor thing... my ex mother in law was a nasty thing too !!! She actually told me to terminate my DD... and then she tried to tell me that my ex was cheating on me when I was pregnant... he wasn't. She was just plain mean... when she passed away, I was only sad for my ex, not because she was gone. I know that sounds bad, but, there are some things that are very hard to forgive.

As I mentioned earlier, I too have been having pains... very much wind pain. Another thing that can cause pain is Urinary Tract Infections, sometimes, just the beginnings of it. I find that because my bladder gets so full and I need to go to the toilet so much more, that the pressure sometimes gives me pains. I drink cranberry juice, just to be on the safe side, so it won't turn into a UTI.

I hope your MIL backs off and lets you enjoy your beautiful pregnancy... she should be happy that her son is gonna be a Daddy and that you're gonna be the Mummy to her grandchild !!!

MG, your mother in law sounds like a treat!

I had crampy type pains too ... you can also get stretching or pulling sensations and that is perfectly normal too (although a little disconcerting).

Good luck! Hope it all goes well.

Thank you so much ladies! I feel so much more comfortable knowing you've all had similar pains.

Oh yes Lisa, she's a treat alright! To make it even better, DH is an only child (kind of explains it all doesn't it?) so one would think she would be excited about her first Grandchild! But that's ok, I just don't talk to her unless I really really have to. I love my answering machine! And thank for the thought about the UTI. I went out and bought some Cranberry juice in my travels today, lets see how that works!

Take care ladies!

I had awful cramps first time around when I was PG with Matilda, and at 9 weeks I went for an u/s because we were convinced I was m/c, but nothing was wrong with the baby or me. I was doubled over in pain & the GP said it was my uterus stretching. Well this time around I have had similar cramps early on in PG and they have continued on every growth spurt the baby has, I get cramps.

My boss actually said to me the first time around that I had 1/3 chance of carrying through with the PG and not to count on it... Grrr the comments people make, it makes me so cranky.

Big hugs to you Mother Goose. Your MIL sounds like an *interesting* person... Try deflect deflect deflect! And go the answering machine!
    Cramping is so scary in pregnancy.. In fact any sensation below the waist is I reckon! The good thing is that usually it is not a sign of awful things to come but rather the opposite! The stretching the muscles that support the uterus have to do causes a lot of the sensations. Gas in pregnancy caused by the extra progesterone can be really painful too. With ALL of my pregnancies I have felt like I am about to get my period at any minute. I usually feel like that on and off until I reach 12 -14 weeks. Just like most things these feelings in isolation probably are the things we have all mentioned. Just like bleeding in pregnancy. That is even scarier but in isolation without any pain is often not spelling disaster.

I truly understand how worrying those feelings are. It's awful but I really think it sounds okay.

Big hugs

I was so pleased to see this thread as my cramps are much worse this time around than with DS. I found drinking more water helped when pg with #1 but it is not having much of an impact this time. I am wondering if they get worse with each successive pg?

This PG has been worse as far as cramping is concerned than my last one.

Thanks, that is reassuring to hear that I am not the only one

I only started getting cramps on Saturday, and yes, I agree, they are scary at first! But now I just tell myself that my uterus (which is backwards anyway) has to do a lot of work so has to grow.

Oddly enough, I drank about a pint of water before my scan today (half a litre) and that made me feel really bad, so drinking lots of water might not help after all. Or at least, downing a pint might not help.

Hello Ryn - how did your scan go?

Fabulous, thanks! As you can see, I'm more pregnant than I thought I was, looks like my body decided to go mad this cycle!

I posted a long update in the due early feb thread, and a shorter one in my woo-hoo room thread, but I'm soooo proud of mein kleiner Leibling, baby is soooo clever to have a heartbeat and show it off for us! Baby was so easy to see too because of all the water I'd drunk to fill my bladder, which is fabbo!

That's great! I remeber when I saw DS heartbeat for the first time, it was amazing! I can't wait to see this little one's :-)

I've been having bad cramps lately too... thanks for all the good advice here I kept thinking it must be having to stretch, but it is kind of worrying, especially since I'm a bit (understatement) of a worrier sometimes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast