Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woops! Had a thickshake....

i had a mchicken the other day too! it was good and i havent even wanted to eat one of those for years! didnt really think about the risk at the time.

one thing that i am not coping with is not being able to have deli ham?? what the heck do you put on sandwhiches if you cant have deli meat? just salad is so plain and boring..

and what about subway??

Yum Sara!! Mmm McChicken!!! I've been off Maccas and fast food for weeks now.... just can't stomach it still not having much of an appetite but hopefully that will change seeing as i'm in 2nd trimester now!! lol

Well i have avoided completely thickshakes since i had that one!!! I'm sooo turned off them!!! Just not worth the risk....... even though i'm confident that the one i had was fine because its not like i am having them weekly!! Now THAT could be a concern
    If i want one, i make one at home!!!
    As for hotdogs, yuck don't even want one... that time i had one was a weird craving for me!! I'm totally off them now......

Don't know about mayo.... although beginning of pregnancy i was craving Red Rooster Hot chicken rolls all the time and had one a week!!! but now i can't stomach them either........ they are fine as long as served HOT like mine were!

I DEFINITELY avoid sushi, cold deli meats (even packaged ones!!!) and fresh seafood......and salads not made by me.

Oh no - no packaged ham?!!!! I can't eat wheat so I have fake break, and now I can't even put ham on it! This is so hard, my mum is emailing me her leek and potato soup recipe so think I'll just live off that instead!

Maccas do not put soft serve in their shakes. I don't know about DK, but if it was a milkshake, then I would think it would be the same. A thickshake on the other hand I can't be sure of.
    Maccas dont just use a prob to test the temp of mix. Not the ones I have been associated with anyway.
    The actual machine gives a constant read out of temp. There is an alarm and the machine shuts down if the temp is not within the safe range.
    Also, the mixture (shake and softserve) is heat treated twice a night by the machine ( its a pretty complex machine) to help kill off bacteria.
    I cannot say that there is no possible way that you cannot get listeriosis from a maccas ( or other fast food stores) shakes, but IMO ( an employee who had to spend 4 hours each week thoroughly cleaning the machines) they are probably the safest out there.
    More unsafe would be icecream from a store that doesn't have covers or doors to the cabinet

Yum yum... I could go a shake right now....

CLH: you can have packaged ham or deli meat providing you have it steamin' hot. So pizza is ok! So you could have a ham and cheese melt or something of the like, pastrami is also very nice heated up. I've been loving bacon and egg rolls with BBQ sauce..with the egg well cooked off course! I've also been having some lentil patty wraps and they have been yummy as well!

From what I am heave read and told by my OB re: mayonnaise, most store bought mayo (even whole egg ones) are fine as they usually used salmonella treated eggs. What you need to steer clear from is homemade tartare sauce, mayo, aioli, mousse ( I know.. heartbreaking!) as the eggs could be carrying salmonella.

Hope this helps

Thanks so much Moose! I had the idea of bacon last night, was trying to think of the meat I can cook and sandwich up! Mayo, thats great news, won't have it too often but nice to dip a few fries into! Congrats on bub, this is my first too!

i bought a creme caramel pudding today and one of the ingredients said egg, would that be raw egg? Could i still have them?

If it is packaged, I doubt that it is raw egg. If so, it would be treated.
    Plus, in pudding, the egg is usually cooked.

Mmmm, creme caramel! I'm pretty sure the egg is cooked in these as they kind of set in the oven.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123