Thread: Worried and scared

Unhappy Worried and scared

Hi everyone,

I know that I am just worry about nothing, but I am feeling very emotional at the moment about not feeling pregnant Its early I know but I can't help but ring the Dr and ask him for an early scan to make sure everything is ok. I can't help but feel that there is something wrong. Am I wrong to feel this way? I think I just need a little reassurance thats all.

Sorry to be such a pain.

Hi Angel,
    It's very normal to feel worried and scared at the beginning. Especially normal to feel emotional and not pregnant. Your body is going through some huge hormonal changes right now. I had a huge freak out at 6-7 weeks, I decided I wasn't ready for a baby and that I had changed my mind, and it really scared me. It's a big deal! But now I'm 20 weeks and excited and relaxed about everything, but if you are freaking out you can always go to your doc for extra re-assurance, that's what they're there for.
    Hope you feel better soon, and don't worry you're not being a pain.

Angel I completly understand how are you are feeling and I am sure that everything is fine. You are still very early in your pregnancy and it is quite normal to not have any obvious symptoms. At 6, 7 weeks I got all emotional thinking that something was wrong because I was not feeling pregnant but I was just being paranoid. I am now up to the 9 week mark and have seen our little one with a strong heartbeat. I am more relaxed and still don't have any strong pregnancy signs but have accepted that as a good thing.

To put your mind at ease why don't you go to your GP and ask for a referral to have a blood test to make sure that your hormone levels are rising. It certainly put my mind at ease. I went for 3 overall and it got me out of that slump.

I hope that has helped and I wish you the very best through your whole pregnancy.

Love Linda

Hey Angel, come and join our May belly buddy threads so we can all chat and help each other out