Thread: Worries

Cool Worries

Hi this is my first time on here. I just had my first u/s because I am spotting. The baby is there but is smaller than the 8 weeks we thought - I've been told it's about 7 weeks. I'm worrie because although the heart beat is there - 120 bpm, I'm still worried that is smaller than first thought. Any ideas?

Jordie
    Are you sure about your dates. Are you sure you didn't ovulate later than you think you did? That would explain a smallness at this stage. On the positive side - you've got a heartbeat - so you are well on the way there!

A heartbeat is fantastic. I agree with Kar - you may have ovulated later. Is your Dr worried?

My Dr wasn't worried which is good but still I'm prone to stressing! I have no idea when I ovulate so I guess there's the answer. Hope the bleeding stops soon though. I'm so glad I can come on ehre and get instant support from people who know! My hubby is great but doesn't know much about this!

JorideC,

I wouldn't worry too much if you saw bubs and there is a hb.
    I went for my first u/s, which I thought I would be 9 weeks but I was only 7.5 weeks. I had another u/s recently and I was 9.5 weeks, which was approx two weeks after the first one

If your obs was ok with the u/s, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you are really worried, call them back and see if you can get another appt.

Jordie - try to relax a bit, put your feet up if you can. If you have irregular cycles at all - like one month 26 another 28 then you might very well find that you ovulate around cd19-20 instead of cd14 - that would then explain why you are a week late.

Hi Jordie,

I don't think 1 week is worth worrying about - although I know it is easier said than done. I thought my dates were ok and two weeks ago I had my first ultrasound which showed the baby being 4 days smaller. I had another one this afternoon (just because I had to see my Ob and he offered and I wasn't going to say no) and the baby was fine and measuring 3 days smaller. Having a heartbeat is great. I also had spotting with my Son and all was fine.

Good luck with the rest of your Pregnancy.