Thread: worry wort or not?

Default worry wort or not?

Hi everyone!
    I am hoping for a little reassurance if possible.
    I am 5wks 2 days Pg, and conceived through IVF. I thought I would be relieved and filled with joy when I finally conceived, but so far I've just turned into a big worrier.
    I retested this morning (HPT) to just make sure I am definitely still Pg, and yes that 2nd line is most definitely still there, but during the last 24hrs or so I am concerned about a dull ache / pulling feeling I am experiencing on and off in my lower abdomen. I know aches and pains in this region during early Pg can be very normal, but it seems to only be on the one side, which is worrying the pants off me. It does sorta feel like it's my right ovary that's aching, so am wondering if it is my right ovary that it still a bit tender from IVF and is now working hard to pump out the extra hormones I need (the right was where most of my eggies were collected). Has anyone else had a similar experience? Right now, I am very cocnerned that this could be ectopic Pg pain??
    Any help / opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    I will speak to my IVF nurse tomorrow (I have another HcG BT tomorrow morn), so will run it by her, but could use any helpful advice b/w now and then.

Thanks!

Arielle

Arielle, nothing you have described sounds unusual to me. Aches and pains of all descriptions are common and so is worrying! It sounds to me like everything is going very well so far. I have my fingers crossed for a H&H 9 months for you! Take care, and try to enjoy it all!

Thanks Melanie.
    My understanding is that aches and pains, of many descriptions, are all very normal, yes, but one sided pain may indicate an ectopic??
    I'm just looking forward to my 6.5wk scan to make sure all is in the right place.
    Arielle

Hi Arielle, you sound a bit like me!! Im such a worrier, i worry every day about these babies!! I have and have had that pulling pain a bit (one sided). When i had my scan at 6 weeks and then 7 weeks, my right ovary was swollen ++. At 7 weeks just a normal u/s person did the scan (not IVF), and they were like OMG your ovary is huge. Im like...um, just feels normal to me!! Was 5 x the size it should be, but now i am 11w2d and yest my ovary size was basically back to normal. Also though, your muscles (i think) and ligaments soften during pg so you can feel more pains, especially when you move suddenly, sit up or do exercise. Dont worry too much about ectopic. The pulling pain is normal, if you do have really bad pains then i would call the IVF girls or FS but a little bit that goes away is usually ok. Also, the OB told me that having that enlarged ovary wasnt such a bad thing as because it was larger, it released more prog, which supports pg!!! And if you are a little bit hyperstimulated this is not such a bad thing too, because its linked with a higher rate of pregnancy! So this is a good thing. But if you are worried, call the girls!!
    Best of luck!!! Congrats, so exciting for you. I hope that everything goes well. Lets hope for a strong HB at your first scan!
    Mel
    Last edited by happymel; October 21st, 2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Addit

Hey there!

I've had pain in my right ovary region for most of the pregnancy, just a dull ache most of the time. And everything is going just fine

Hope everything goes well for you!

We all know how you feel being worried, its totally natural!

Thanks so much ladies! To know that some of you have had similar experiences is very reassuring. Well, yesterdays BT was fine. HCG level is now in the 3100's, and progesterone good too. The nurse said the ache is probably my ovary still large and stimulated after my IVF full stim cycle (nearly all eggs were collected from my right side), and only to be concerned if the pain gets a lot worse.
    So, am feeling much more relaxed for now, and looking forward to my first scan next week.

Thanks again!
    Arielle

I had pains only in one side early on but its all normal. Enjoy your pregnancy