Thread: Yoga?

Default Yoga?

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you do Yoga during pregnancy? I have only done yoga once a very long time ago, and didn't know if it was worth starting to learn it again and wanted to know what others did.

Also, where is a good place to buy a good pregnancy yoga DVD?

Hi Flossie,
    I did Yoga weekly with my second child. It was really worth it. It was great because it was my time out aand time to connect with my body and bubs. I think it really helped with the labour too as I learnt great breathing techniques. If you can find a class, I would do this at home. Most of the yoga poses are the standard ones, the ones you cant do or shouldnt do are ones that need you to lay on your back or squat later in pregnancy. Start this off by relaxing you body and doing some deep breathing and finish off the same with some visualation. If you need any extra hints email me on [email protected]

Flossie,
    I have been doing prenatal pilates since about 12 weeks. I love it! It is ran by a physio and there has never been more that 7 people in the class. It has made me so much more aware of my posture day to day. I can't recommend it (or yoga if that is your cup of tea) enough. We also - like Ollie, practise calming and relaxing techniques for later in pregnancy and labour.

hi brooke
    whereabouts in Melbourne are you? who holds the classes?
    Cheerio
    Belinda.

Hi Belinda
    The classes I go to are at Fitwise Physio in East Melbourne. They have a website if you want to google them.