Thread: Yolk Sac????????

Default Yolk Sac????????

hey girls

i had my dating u/s on thursday just past and i was just wondering wat dose the yolk sac do in my pic's there is a yolk sac and just under it i sore my babies heart beat dose the baby live in side the sac or is the sac like the plasenta until the really plasenta is formed im confused

I think the yolk sac is what feeds the baby until the placenta is formed. It's probably explained in pregnancy books. I can't remember where I saw the info on it. I've read and watched so many things in the last few months

tiggy Guest

The yolk sac, helps to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta is fully formed at around the twelve week mark. It is the basis for the placenta. No yolk sac, no viable pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip
    sorry baiza im not sure!

but how did your dating scan go anyway? did it give u a more accurate date or was it the same?
    hey tulip
    my dating ultrasound was good i sore my babys heart beat but the lady told me that on the day thursday the 10th november i was 6 weeks pregnant and by my period it cam on the 22 of september and that would make me 7 weeks and 4 days today the 14 th november so i dont know who to belive