Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are you starting to show?

Default are you starting to show?

Just wondering if anyone is starting to show yet, and how far along if you are. With Jackson I started to show around 10 weeks, and was visibly pregnany by 12 weeks.

I am a very short person, and if I put on weight it always gathers around my middle. This time round I am probably 10kg overweight, and I do still have some extra weight around my middle, but I just can't suck it in anymore, a couple of weeks ago, I could take a breath and hold it in, but now it is not budging! I am actually starting to look PG already, is this crazy? I know things can happen a lot earlier second time round, but this seems way too early...maybe i am further along than I thought?

Hi Min,
    I too found i was showing alot earlier this time around. I was about 12 weeks when i looked preg, Now i look like im about 8 months when im only really 5 and a half months! I just say that this bub is happy and healthy and that he is going to be big! (well my hips are killing me so i think he will be!!)
    Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy and i hope you have the pink vibes.
    Jenni

tash no.2 Guest

hi i am 12 weeks pregnant aswell i was thinking the same thing. this is my 2nd baby and my abdominal area is already tightning and popping out and i did not know if i was imagining it myself but my husband noticed aswell...its really biazrre i started showing at 16 weeks with my 1st child....
    Last edited by tash no.2; October 18th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.

Hi all bulging bellies!

This is my 3rd pregnancy, second baby, I'm just over 6 weeks and I've been showing since I was just over 4 weeks!

I'm also short, and what I found with all my pregnancies is my tummy, after I've eaten lunch buldges from under my boobs.

I think this is also because our tummies are sensitive to the HCG hormones hence extra bloating, and there is no where for the organs to go in the smaller mums.

When I was 10 weeks with Patrick when my Obs said that my uterus was just under my belly button and he said I was showing early for a first time mum, but being short in the torso didn't help my chances in that department.

The other thing I've noticed is my boobs are huge in the first trimester, like they're ready a bit too early for breast feeding. They didn't work for Patrick so I look at these huge things and think they are a waste of space but my DH doesn't of course!

I've been wondering how I am going to hold it in and keep this surprise from Family and work until the 13 week scan. We have a scan tomorrow to just make sure things are cooking well this time because of my last experience, but I am quietly confident that I'll see a nice blob and heart beat!

I've had feelings of twins!!!!!! So may be 2 heart beats, which would be a shock but I'm more excited at that prospect at the moment than no heart beat at all.

It's really common to pop out a lot earlier once you've been stetched. Just have to try and suck it in until you can tell people. You'll probably find that once you do tell people, they'll say they've been suspicious anyway, but who cares, it's all fun and exciting!

Hi min,
    congratulations again! I measured my tummy yesterday and it is measuring 80cm. I looked in my diary from my preg with Hendrix and that was the same as i was measuring at 15 weeks and im only 9 weeks!! It feels really unusual trying to hide the bump when last time all i could do was hope to have a bump that someone would notice!

I've also had a bump since 5 weeks....the same size i was at about 16 weeks with my first preg :eek: ....and there's only one in there!

yep i got a big bump too

soozles Guest

Talking

Hi! So glad to hear there are other early bumps out there! I'm a towering 5'2", and most recently 55kg at 11wks 5 days with first bub. Started noticing a distinct lack of room in previously comfy pants at 9wks, and now I just can't suck it in anymore! Gone up a trouser size begrudgingly. Just another, ahem, advantage to being a shorty I guess!

Fire Fly Guest

Lol, DH gave me a hello hug yesterday and stepped back and said 'you feel bigger'.
    God, id only had dinner so im with Tash, after eating it all looks worse. Im only 5.5 weeks, give me time.

i have a big bump but then again i still had most of my last belly left hanging around so i find myself stretching the fat to see if i have a baby belly - i know i have to under there somewhere!!

I started to notice a bit of a belly at 6wks but I hadn't really lost that post baby belly. By 9wks I was wearing my belly band by 12wks people were asking me when I was due (which I didn't want to tell them as it was so far away). I love my baby belly but today I was working at a school and there was another lady there who is due about 3-4wks after me and you could barely tell she was pg whereas here I am pleased I bought so much maternity wear cause I am def getting the use out of it!

ROFL Melissa about stretching the old baby fat! IKWYM, I still have a bit of a roof over my toolshed too!!!

Fletch, when are you going to update Zane's website, I have been dying to see how much he has grown, is such a cutie

Im only 4 1/2 weeks..... But due to being over weight already i carry in my tummy like dad starts under the boobs and ends above the belt line sooo hate it but hard to budge.. So i always say i have looked pg for months.. But i have felt bloated the last week or so seems further out... Cant wait till i have an excuse for the tummy... HEHEHEHE...

Default JaneO

BTW - CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP after 6 months of trying.

I hope that it all works out and just keep trying to suck in the gut until you are allowd to shout it from the roof tops!

I can't wait myself!!!:eek:

Check out juniors www...the link is under my sig.

That pic of my tummy was taken 2 days ago and its huge

woah Danni, that is a good bump! I swear I am giving you a run for your money at only 6 1/2 weeks though! will have to set up another sight for our bump!

danni - thanks for posting your photo - i will have to do one next week - my belly is the same cept i have more sag at the bottom!! i dread to think how big i will end up - my waist last time was 55 inches (though eliana was 11lb 4oz) thanks also for posting emma's baby for some reason i cant open the thread with the photos

How should your lower belly feel at 7 weeks... mine is quite firm when im standing , This is my second pregnancy the first one ended at 10 weeks and it was ages ago so this is really like my first.

my little crease is flattening out . Is it to early for this to be happening ?

when im lying down i can feel it is a bit firmer low down on the right side (hoping this is where the little one is attached)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast