Thread: 12 weeks accurate sex???

Question 12 weeks accurate sex???

just wondering how many ppl have been told the sex of the baby at 12 weeks and it was right??? we have been told it looks like a little girl and i am wondering how much of a chance there actually is taht they are right based on ppls experiences???

Did you have a 3 or 4d scan? If you did, they are very accurate.

If you had a normal scan, it has a 50% chance of accuracy

I was told it was definitely a boy at 12 weeks and it is! Rae and Fletch's scans were also correct!

i thought we were having one of those scans but it looked like a normal scan hard to explain it was grey does that mean not 3d??? coz when he showed the little legs it looked more 3d???

I wouldn't trust it - sorry!
    Sometimes yes they're right, but they are very, very often wrong that early.
    I was told DS was a girl at 14 weeks - obviously very wrong The sexes can still look quite similar at that stage. Nothing wrong with finding out that early but I'd hold off on the pink wardrobe until the 20 week scan.

Yeah I have been told that if they say its a boy, there isd a much higher chance of accuracy than if they say its a girl.

If they say its a boy, they can obviously see something--- but if they say its a girl, it could just be a slow devloping penis

We were told boy at our 13wk scan and we could see for ourselves he wasnt anything but.
    We didnt go mad buying boy things or telling people until we had it confirmed at our 20wk scan.

The genitals can look the same at 12 weeks for both sexes, they say 16 weeks is the earliest semi accurate way to tell.

For my 12 week scan, I went to a place that was one of the pioneers of NT scanning in Australia, they radiographer was showing me the screen saying it was the best machine in Australia at that time, but still they wouldn't tell me the sex.

I asked why, she said that no matter how good someone is, or no matter how good the machine is, it is way too early to give a guess and as policy they don't do it. She said she's seen it end in tears too many times and the best anyone should give at that stage is a 50/50 guess on sex. They even had a written policy saying that they will not devulge the sex until 17-18 weeks.

I have heard of people getting an accurate guess at 12 weeks, but I've heard of probably more that are told the wrong sex. I found out the sex of my bubba at 16 weeks, but really didn't think anything of it until I got the morph scan at 21 weeks and I still needed Dr O'Callaghan himself to tell me that I was having a boy for me to take it too seriously.

When it comes down to it, no matter the scan, the only 100% accurate way is through amnio's or CVS's, there is still a chance they get it wrong no matter how early or late the scan.

ahhh cry lol my dp and i were really sure it was as girl and then the scan confirmed... the guy seemed pretty sure ughh i already bought some pink things (kept the reciepts) damn it lol

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Umm I have to admit, I was told that DS 2 was a girl at our 12 week scan, and then at the 20 week scan was told it was a boy.

I was pretty devasted, and wish that I had just waited rather than having the excitment of having one of each, only to be told it was wrong!

Sorry!

i am not wanting one over the other if i was told boy now wouldn't have felt different just really feeling like i wanna know sigh i guess its a couple of months more wait

i did buy a few things but kept reciepts and will continue to buy mostly gender non specific it was just nice to get a few things will be just as happy to exchange them for boy things if it turns out that way just really wanna know!!!!

My SIL, Fletch, and myself were all told at 12 weeks and it ended up being correct. I wouldn't go out buying too much stuff right now -wait til 18/20weeks to have it confirmed. I think that most sonographers are pretty good at their jobs and if they are willing to say the gender, must be pretty certain.

I was told at my 12 week scan that Aidyn was 'probably' a boy. She didn't want to say, but I begged her just to give me an educated guess... and she happened to be right!

Noni I hope that you don't have to exchange the items you've brought! I hope that the next few weeks go by quickly so you know for certain! I'll find out around the same time you will (I'm a day behind you if I remember correctly!) and its going by so slowly! I REALLY want to know too Have you and DP thought of any names yet?

dp and i are pretty stuck for names i have a names thread going with not much success lol its really hard!!!