Thread: Is 14 weeks a little late for a dating u/s first u/s?

Default Is 14 weeks a little late for a dating u/s first u/s?

I cant get into the new Doctors until the 15th of September By then I estimate I will be about 14 weeks along...

With my son I had an U/s at 8 weeks for dating and then 12 weeks after a bleed and then the 20 wk u/s at 21 weeks as we were away then....

I just wanted an U/s to confirm dates/Get an EDD.... By then im guessing we would see alot more

Is this ok?
    When did you get your first u/s in pregnancy?

Should I try to get one earlier?
    They dont offer the 12 week nuchal scan unless your older or have had a problem before.....

i dont see any issue with it.
    as long as your happy to wait till then..

blood tests will give you an indication of dates.

but then its all really a guessing game anyway lol

Do you need a dating scan? It won't be terribly accurate at that stage, no, but better than nothing if you don't have any idea about your dates I guess.
    congratulations!

firstly congrats on falling pregnant!

I dont think 14 weeks should be an issue after all some people opt not to have an ultrasound at all during pregnancy, i was 11 1/2 with DD2 when they did mine but that was the nuchal one not dating

if you're not fussed then it will be fine but obviously the earlier u can get an actual dating scan the more accurate it is.
    could u go see any joe blow doctor just to get a ref for an earlier scan? thats what i did

I had a dating scan at 21 weeks and the dates pretty much matched with my knowledge of when I conceived, so whilst not totally accurate at 14 weeks it will give you an idea.

The earlier the better for dating scans, the accuracy decreases the further u go. My gf is a sonographer and says it's best around 7 weeks. At 14 weeks it's getting to the later end of being an accurate NT scan as well.

We moved and I have tried to get in everywhere

Oh well.... I just wanted a edd

The earlier the better if you want a dating scan. I had an early scan this time at about 7wks, and the date came to what I was expecting exactly. Personally I know I tend to grow big bubs, and when I had my 12wk u/s, I was already measuring almost a week ahead. My last midwives appointment, my fundal height was measuring 3 weeks ahead, I expect to be told all the way through this pg that baby will be ginormous due to scan results and fundal height measurements, but I will just go with the flow....I do tend to bake big bubbas though!