Thread: 2 questions

Default 2 questions

for the last couple of nights i have been waking up with really aching hip joints. it is worse when i lay on my sides so i have to sleep half sitting up on my b ack which obviously isnt very comfortable and i am not getting much sleep. is there anything i can do for this wierd hip pain. i am 26 weks.

also for the last couple of weeks i have been having a change in urination. i have posted this before and some girls suggested it may be a UTI. (frequent need to urinate, feel full but not much comes out, a little pain and burning only after urination not during etc) however it seems to come and go. i made an appointment with a doctor on wednesdeay but for 2 days before this the symptoms disappeared. should i go to the doctor when symptoms are not there or wait until they occur again? i dont want to do anything to harm the baby.

I would go anyway... sometimes with UTI's the symptoms can come & go depending on how much water you drink to help flush it out... so still go and let them know what is going on. Also mention your hip pain. I had intense hip pain during my last trimester last pregnacy and got some physiotherapy for it which helped me sleep. I also slept with one hip on a pillow so I was slightly turned but not on my side. HTH!

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep sounds like a uti.I had one and thats the symptoms I had.No major pain just a bit of burning now and then.Sounds like your sciatic nerves playing up to.All the joints loosen up casuing pain in your hips sometimes when we lay on them.You could see a doc and get suggestions on what may help.Goodluck.

Yep, I agree UTI, so go see Dr...
    But I also have sciatica & spent the last 3 months of my preg at my Chiro, whom was a gem, I'd literally crawl outta bed & into his office B4 work, but skip outta them after a 10 min session.....

I loved him.... hee hee

He also guessed I'd have an 8lb baby boy!

But I had a 8lb1ounce baby girl!!!!

I've got a bit of pelvic instability with this PG and have found that sleeping with a pillow between my knees has been a huge help with the aches and pains in the region.
    I'd still go and see the Dr and talk about your symptoms. It may have passed but sometimes if they swab thay can still pick up some of the bacteria that caused it. They won't give you anything that can harm the baby, but I'd still ask the Dr if they prescribe something and double check with the chemist again to be sure.

I agree Sam. My hip pain wakes me up every hour or so and I have to change sides. I wake up on my back and flip straight over on to my sides. Ive had this with every pg, and a pillow between the knees really does help

re hip pain - I get it bad too, and then when I get up in night to pee I'm like an old lady hobbling as the hips are so stiff and sore!

Pillow between knees does help a bit, and my chiro does wonders - have to go regularly though.

Cathy