Thread: 20 week scan confusion

Default 20 week scan confusion

Hi Ladies,
    I am 15 weeks pregnant and am planning on a Water Birth at King Edward in Subi. Because of this I am not seeing an Obstetrician, just go to the Doctors when I need to and they write referrals out for Bloods and Scans etc.
    They always write the referrals out to Perth Radiological Clinic, which is fine. But I am booked in for the 28th September to have the 20 week scan done, and thought I could ask for a DVD instead of a disc with Photos, and also I was wanting a 3D Scan too. Only problem is I called to ask if they do the 3D scans and they said no, and no to the DVD too. Does this mean I will have to pay $160 again somewhere else to have them done, or do you think I can change to somewhere else even though the referral is for Western Diagnostic? I don't want to go back to the Doctors just get them to write another referral to a different place.

TIA

I just had a scan at SKG in Subi (SJOG) and she did a 3D without me even asking, it is just another US head...
    I would get the referral rewritten for somewhere else and try that.
    Also, not sure about DVDs at all - never had one offered to me at all, only the films and the CDs (which you can play on a computer or any other DVD player that will play burnt discs.

HTH

Also, are you going to go through the midwife clinic at KEMH?

I just had a scan at SKG in Subi (SJOG) and she did a 3D without me even asking, it is just another US head...
    I would get the referral rewritten for somewhere else and try that.
    Also, not sure about DVDs at all - never had one offered to me at all, only the films and the CDs (which you can play on a computer or any other DVD player that will play burnt discs.

HTH

Also, are you going to go through the midwife clinic at KEMH?

You should be able to ring the hospital for another referral, without having to go back for an actual appointment.

Give them a ring and see what they say!

Hay bb,

For my 12week one, my referal was for Perth Radiology Clinics. But they dont give you results on the day and dont give you photos. So i rang a couple that my ob recommended, and they all have drs doing scans so results are there and then, and they give you pics and a disc. I just had to mention b4 they started and pay $5 cash for the disc. But i told the receptionist on the phone that my dr had given me a referal for Perth Radiology Clinic only, and she said no thats fine, so long as its a referal for a specific thing you can take the letter anywhere. I went to Western Ultrasound for Women on Cambridge st. Dr Anthony Murphy. It's not close to home at all for me but i'll go back there for my 20wk one, they were great.

Thanks Limesplice- yeah I am going through the Midwife Clinic at the Birthing Centre there. Hoping for a Water Birth (I just love being in water, find it helps with pain etc, hoping it helps even the slightest with Labour Pains lol).
    I should have sussed that all out before they wrote the referral, and gone to SKG or somewhere else. I noticed Perth Rad in Subi charge too, whereas Perth Rad in Joondalup dont. As we live near Joondalup we could go there, but as DH works in Bibra Lake he would be sooooo late for work, hence why we go for the Subi clinic, he can leave work on time and still get to the evening appt in time.

Ocean Princess- thanks hun, I guess it is worth a try.

Moo- Funny you say that, I called them just before. Only problem is they don't work outside my working hours. I can't keep asking for time off, and neither can DH, they are moving Factory at the moment and are short staffed as it is. I could go on my lunch break as it is just around the corner from my work, but DH would really like to be there for all those appointments, I badly want to share them with him too.