Thread: 2nd OB visit

Default 2nd OB visit

Hi all,

if you read a previous thread, my OB gave me a really hard time about a weight gain of 5kg by 17 weeks. i was really upset about it. anyway, had my next visit today, 6 weeks later. he was really late so rushing, but i have been so worked up about what he would say, i was so nervous!!

all of my tests and u/s were normal and healthy - yay =D> . so next onto the scales. i put on 3kg!! i was so happy. he didnt say anything, but then after taking BP etc, commented that i am in excellent health and couldnt be doing any better. wow!! i could have kissed him!! (not really). its just really rewarding to think that little bubs is going well and not to come home feeling guilty and lousy.

i have learnt though that i should have taken what he said last time with a grain of salt and not gotten so upset. but a big thank you to all here who helped me put it all into perspective.

belly rubs to all!!

Linda

Oh Lisa, I am so glad that he was nice this time round!

Makes me think he might have had a bad day/night before your last appointment. I know my ob has been working while only being home for 3 hours the night before due to deliveries.

Not that it's any excuse for him being so nasty pasty to you last time.

Glad you are all well and your pregnancy is going like clockwork!!

Best wishes \/

thanks kelli,

yeah its just nice to feel good about it all again. i guess they would often be pretty tired and strung out hey?

Linda

Melinda Guest

I've often thought that.......that they must be pretty tired individuals considering how much they would be up through the night!!

When I was in labour with Jacob, I remember my OB coming in with pretty distinctive bed hair! LOL Poor thing! A few hours after Jacob was born, I saw him again and he was in his "work" clothes and calling in to see me before he went to his rooms to start the day!!!

They really must have very little time to themselves, but it's no excuse for nastiness is it. I'm glad that your appt went so well Linda!!