Thread: 2nd time mum.

Default 2nd time mum.

I am 28 weeks pregnant and DD is 21 months old and starting to wonder if i will be able to handle 2 babies! I know that it is a little late to change my mind! Lol! But DD is going through a stage where she is waking in the night again and i am feeling tired.
    Is it easy to cope with having 2 to look after? I feel really skared that i will not cope!
    Do most 2nd time mums feel like this at one point?

Yes we do LOL. I remember when I was pg with #2, my DS starting to wake again during the night about a month before #2 was due. I just kept telling myself maybe he was just getting me prepared for her arrival LOL. It does get better and when the second baby arrives, you are much more relaxed with the second than you are the first one.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Oh Katie!

I fell like I am hearing myself about 4 months ago! My boys are 23 and a half months apart and my eldest started waking through the night 2 weeks before giving birth to no 2

You will be great! Life gets lots busier, but you have no where near the level of anxiety/ fear of the unknown with no 2 and you are able to take things in your stride!

I am absolutely enjoying my 2nd thoroughly more than no 1 just because I have been there and done that. I am trying to involve my 2 year old who is a handful to say the least, and find that things are easier with him if he thinks he is helping with Baby.

I remember at 3am and 39 weeks pregnant crying because I didn't know if I would be able to handle 2 and I am already absolutely desperate to be pregnant with No 3.

I hope this helps! Hugs to you!!!!!!

Sal Guest

*gulp* my bubs are going to be less than 14 months apart...what have I done :eek:

So it is normal to be a little skared!?
    Thankyou for your support! feeling a little bit more confident!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Be very confident, you will be great!

Katie - my kids will be 4 yrs apart and we have planned and awaited this pg for so long and I am wondering how I am going to cope too:-) I really admire mums who have there kids nice and close, I think you should be really proud of the excellent job you are doing. I am sure no matter what our circumstances we will find a way to cope and keep our families happy.

Kirsty77 Guest

I'm nervous!! My kids are going to be 13 months apart!!Yikes!! Its perfectly normal to freak out about it, but when the time comes I'm sure you'll cope just fine hun.

Sal Guest

Well Kirsty and Katie I'll wait and hear how you both go. Then I can either panic or be reassured