Thread: 3 different labours and scared of the next..

Unhappy Scared of how this will turn out? advise pls??

hi guys just wanna get some input today and try and see what other ppls opinions are..

Ive had three births and everyone of them was different and now im sort of scared too see how this one pans out..

My first son i was 16 yrs old very yooung i know but i suffered from pre-eclampisa and everythign you could imagine, i found earlier in my preg. i was having twins but one had passed due to the other one taking all nutrients and the other having complications. I was hospitalised early for 2 weeks to try and control my bp and everything, i had dialated one cm at that stage and then my cervix stopped and remained that way. i was given the gel to try to get sum movement but that faild and was induced and gave bit=rth to a 8p5 baby boy..

I had my 2nd son when i was 18 and was quiet ill during my whole pregnancy and towards the end couldnt even walk anymor and slept alot!! i woke one morning with exteme back pain and needed to go the toilet alot and not realising my waters were breaking at intervals instead of a big gush and due to my back problems my back numbed my contractions and didnt realise i was in labour.. When i finally decided to go to hospital i arrived with his head 3 cms out and didnt even know.. Due to him becoming distressed he had poo'ed and though very quik birth i was in an extreme amount of pain..

My last son my waters broke but was not in labour?? i was induced 12 hrs later and gave birth an hour later..

My concern is i have never had that gush and felt the pains of an oncoming labour, My labours are quiet quick and am scared that if something happens like my 2nd labour ill give birth at home without even knowing.. a friend suggested i ask for an elective c section but i dont wanna be recovering for the 6 weeks.. wat do you think?

Last edited by *Sparklez*; August 12th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.

anyone pls??

I personally don't think an elective C-section is the way to go.

I have very quick labours too, and have worried about getting to the hospital in time. As a result I have gone up immediately after I have had any inkling that labour had actually started. With the last one I had the baby 30mins after my arrival.

The thing is that although each labour has been different, you now have more experience at your disposal to make an educated decision. If anything happens along the same kind of symptoms you had any of your previous attempts, then you can act immediately. Talk to your care provider let them know about your anxieties and put in place a plan of action for when you are closer to your due date.

Although your labours were very different to each other (mine where too) they do not sound abnormal (outside the complication of pre-eclampsia). So many people expect things to happen a certain way, but in most cases they do not.

good luck and have faith in yourself and your body to do what it must do.

I would also advise against an elective c-section if you can avoid it. Are you concerned that you won't be able to get everything ready in time, or that you live too far away from the hospital to get there in time? I agree, I would go as soon as you think it's time and talk to your care providers about your concerns. My second labour was also quite quick, and this time round, as soon as I start getting contractions, I'm going in!

I would also advise against a C-section unless there is a medical reason for one. There are a few options that don't involve a surgical birth. You could stay at home with an independent midwife (or a hospital midwife if your local hospital has a homebirth programme) meaning you don't have to risk giving birth on the way to hospital if things happen fast. You could go into hospital at the first twinge to make sure you are settled before bub arrives. Or you could request an induction before your due date to ensure the entire labour is in hospital, if this is where you would prefer to be.

It's important you talk your concerns through with your midwife and get some reassurance before the birth. Good luck!

Trav