Thread: 6 1/2 wks preg

Default 6 1/2 wks preg

ok so from my calculations im 6 1/2 wks preg. the only thing with that is im showing. and i dnt mean i lil bump. its very noticable. im sister in law is 20wks preg n im the same size as her.

is this normal?

I have been preg with twins before, think i could b again or that i have my times wrong?

should i ask my doc for an early ultrasound to find this info out or just wait?

apparently there can be alot of bloating too. could it be that?
    i showed earlier with this pregnancy so when i had my NT scan they assumed i was there for morphology....it was pretty embarrasing having to correct them lol.

I showed very early in all my pregnancies, and only one was twins. It is a possibility but it's more likely to be fluid retention. If you are unsure about your dates a scan might be a good idea though

congratulations on your BFP!

Congratulations, wonderful news Lozza.

I'm about as far along as you and I'm showing as well. I'm not sure how big your tummy is but I'm definitely bigger than what people expect me to be. It's getting a bit ridiculous keeping it a secret.

My naturopath says it's fluid. I definitely only have one as I have had a scan. My mum was quite big by 3 months and I think I must have her body shape.

If you've been pregnant with twins before, you might be more likely to have twins, but I don't think size is just down to how many bubs are on board

I am the same as you, I was showing so so early on and you should see me now, I'm so tired of everyone telling me how huge i am!
    I think too if you've been pregnant before you pop out more quickly.
    My friend is 2 weeks further along than me and she isn't showing at all where as i'm bigger than another friend who is 28 weeks.
    I keep thinking maybe i've got another baby hiding in there somewhere haha.
    Good luck Twins would be great hey? either way hope all is well and you have a healthy and happy pregnancy

thanks everyone making me feel alot better. im having an ultrasound this arvo at 1:30 to see how far along iam.. so only an hr to go til i will no. im so scared tho. with my history.

Oh same here! I started showing at 6 weeks or something. Not sure how I'll keep it a secret for much longer. I think it might be bloating, maybe it will go down soon.

Thinking of you for your scan. Let us know how you go.

thinking of you and hope all is going well!

thinking of you today Lozza. hope it all goes well xx

thinking of you lozza, keep us posted.