thread: 6 weeks pregnant and bleeding a little

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    43

    Hi Jellyblush,

    I had a difficult start to my pregnancy - very heavy bleeding (like a heavy period) about the time AF was due but was notified by my IVF clinic that I was indeed pregnant with low progesterone. Another blood test a week later showed the pregnancy was viable. I had slight bleeding again a few weeks later but was advised by my doctor that everything was fine and was probably caused by what I had suspected - having sex! Your cervix becomes soft and blood vessels are more engorged so light bleeding can occur. I know of two friends that this has also happened to. Just take it easy and try not to worry even though I know how hard that can be. The main advice is if the bleeding continues and there is accompanying pain then consult your doctor.

    Good luck.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    106

    Hi Jellyblush,
    I had bleeding accompanied by extreme cramping for 2 days at about 6 wks. I was in tears the whole time cause I thought I was losing our precious gift.
    I spoke to my doc who told me to relax, no DTD & see how it goes.
    Good thing is I am now 14wks & all is going smoothly.
    I had both brownish & then fresh red blood.
    Hard to stay calm & not worry but know that there are plenty of people on here who have been through the same thing & they came out the other side with a baby.
    Best Wishes
    Mel

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Sep 2009
    10

    You guys are wonderful. All of your stories make me feel better, and I'm so pleased it all turned out well for you.

    I've been off for a blood test and will get another in 2 days time. All I can do between now and then is rest I suppose, and cross my fingers.

    Thanks again

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Sep 2008
    Australia
    471

    I too had this at the 6week mark. Mine also started after DTD. We refrained then until the 12 wk mark just to be safe (I think more for our peace of mind). Thinking of you, and rest up.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    43

    I'll be sending you positive vibes. Let us know how you get on.

    Ali

  6. #6
    Random Act of Kindness Recipient

    Feb 2008
    Melbourne
    111

    Hi,

    i had the dsame thing, as did a friend of mine. Both pregnancies resulted in happy little babies.

    Just have the hormone levels tested, so that you know everything is progressing as it should. Don't stress, rest and avoid DTD for a while.

    Best of Luck

    fingerscrossed
    Last edited by fingerscrossed; September 29th, 2009 at 07:56 PM. : typo

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Mar 2009
    283

    Hi there,
    Ditto for me too. I had fresh bright red bleeding at 5wks aft DTD. And then brown spotting for a week at 8wks. I'm now 30 wks and have had no other problems. So, like everyone else is suggesting, avoid DTD for awhile until your Doctor is comfortable its all settled down. Best of luck! I know what a roller coaster it is!!
    Tilda xx