Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7w and spotting

molby Guest

Default 7w and spotting

Hello,
    I've never done this before but here goes...
    I am 7w 5d pregnant. Late last week I had some spotting and got such a fright. I went to the hospital. They did an u/s and said all ok.Dr said Baby's heartbeat was 141 and said to go back if bleeding increased. Since then i've had some spotting but mostly brownish not too much. I thought all was ok but today after work i had another lot of reddish spotting and some mild cramping. I am so worried..I just needed to tell someone bcos I haven't told anyone about the pregnancy yet. I've read the Bleeding in Pregnancy forum over the weekend and that really reassured me but after today I am really worried. Should I go back to the hospital?? or should i wait? any advice please??

molby

I'd call them. Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Molby, welcome to BB, just a shame it has to be under such worrying circumstances. Some spotting and mild cramping is normal, but if it's bright red I'd go back to the hospital - after all, even if all they do is show you another ultrasound that the baby is fine at least you're not worrying about it, and worry could make it worse.

Best of luck to you.

molby Guest

thank you Natalie.

molby Guest

Thank you Ryn. I have the day off tomorrow..I will go in.

I had a bit of brownish spotting at 6 weeks and all was fine - i think it was my body trying to have a breakthrough period in the beginning. Hope all goes well for u tomorrow - wishing u all the best

julesy Guest

I had mild spotting early in my pregnancy. My OB said there were several reasons:
    most likely in my case was that the blood vessels around the cervix are so full, that any awkward positons (like getting up from a sitting position awkwardly or being constipated and 'bearing down too much' (sorry if TMI) can actually rupture some of them. Also, she said that some women can have what's called 'breakthrough bleeding' when their period would have normally ocurred early in the pregnancy.

As long as the blood is somewhat brownish (and therefore old), and in small amounts, it is nothing to be too worried about UNLESS it happens frequently. If you have any bright blood, clots or large amounts associated with cramping (especially if it's one sided), you should consult a doctor or your OB.

Once I'd had a chat with my OB about it, I felt far more reassured, and also talking to other women (like on this forum) helped a lot.

The main thing to remember is that everyone is different however, and you should follow your instincts. My OB always recommended having the next day off if I got a small bleed, to get off my feet etc.

Good luck!

Julesy

molby Guest

thanks for your reply julesy. I haven't had any more spotting tonight (touch wood!!) and I am feeling a bit better. It really helps talking to women like you who have been thru similar situations. I rang the hospital and spoke to a midwife and she also said as long as there is only a small amount not to worry too much. I would have been due for my period this week so maybe it is this "breakthrough bleeding"??
    Anyway,thank you again!!
    Molby

skorpy Guest

Some woman have known to have normal periods while being pregnant.But dont take that for granted and if its red spotting and not brown,i would most definatly get checked.Best to put your mind at rest.

Good luck

molby Guest

i went to the hospital and had everything checked. The u/s was good. Baby's heartbeat still there and it had grown a bit since the last one. The dr said that as long as there was only a small amount of spotting and no heavy bleeding or pain that all should be ok. He said although it is not a "normal" thing..it is very common. He said if there was a lot of bleeding to go back. I'm still spotting. It starts then it stops.Mostly brown but sometimes it can be a red. No cramps so far. I'm trying to be positive but i'm still worried. The dr said there's really nothing to do but just wait and hopefully everything will settle. I hope so.
    Molby

That's great news your baby is safe and progressing well, Molby! I hope things do settle soon for you.

In a cute country cottage in the south west of WA

your doctor sounds great, it's good to have an understanding doctor like that.

i had spotting at 6 weeks and 8 weeks, and lower abdominal cramping until 12 weeks when i was pregnant with Milo, and he's fine!

How are you going Molby?

Yes i'll second that request...how are things going Molby - has the bleeding ceased?

molby Guest

hello,
    I am sorry to say that i had another scan on Tues night and there was no longer a heartbeat. The next day i miscarried in the hospital waiting room while i was waiting for a confirmation scan. It was a horrible day. I am feeling somewhat better today but still soo sad. Thank you for your support and for caring.

Helen

NewmumLou Guest

Helen, i am so sorry to hear that, it must be so hard for you, it wasnt meant to be this time. Look after yourself and take care... All the best to you and the family.

Oh Helen I am so sorry that you are going through this. I really wish you all the very best in this tough time xoxoxo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast