Thread: 8 pounds

Default 8 pounds

My doctor thinks that baby is going to be 8 pounds. Will she fit into size 00000?
    Ebony was only 2810g how does that compare to 8 pounds is that heaps bigger?
    Oh and which date would you go for? The first dating scan said 1st oct. When i had cvs they said she looks much older. Doctors ultrasound then said 30th sep then the 29th and back to the 30. Now doctor has said the 25th of sep. I don't have a date to go by!Grrrrrr.
    I have been going off the 30th but should i change it to 25th, that is what he has told the midwives when i booked in.
    At Ebonys 30 week ultrasound they said she would be born on the 8th of october and she was!

8 punds is approximately 3600g. Hope that helps a bit. I wouldnt worry too much about the date - that baby will come when he/she is ready to regardless of what date the doc says. I would be thinking there is a very high chance the bub will arrive in the week starting 25th September and just work with that.

Good Luck!

8 pounds will best fit into 0000. good luck

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma was born 8lb 13 oz and fit oooo's for the first couple of weeks. Remember they do tend to lose a bit of weight in the first week. Also with your doc estimating the weight, they can be way off! Everyone told us Gemma was going to be at least 10lb, boy am I glad I didn't listen!Quite often they over estimate the babies weight. And with dates you can go either side of the 25th or the 1st. Full term is from 37 weeks onwards.

My newborn was 8lb (3638g) and dropped 340gms in the first three days - he is more than made up for it and is now 3890g (ie 8lb 9oz approx) two weeks postbirth and still fits 0000 comfortably (or 000 if bonds). In fact my first son was almost 9lb at birth (but lost over 10%) and he fit 0000 for a couple of weeks too. I would expect 00000 may be too small unless they lose a lot of weight in those first few days or the outfit is large for it's size.

In saying that however Kirsty is spot on their can be a great variation in size between what a doc thinks size wise and what you actually have. The ultrasound I had a week before DS was born indicated 8lb 6oz at that stage and a week later he came out at 8lb (born at 37.5wks). In saying that however none of my docs would predict a weight except to say that he was a good size and the best estimate they had was the ultrasound but to give or take a pound or two even on that.

FYI 2810g is approx 6lb 3oz
    Sorry for waffling

I always though that any size smaller then a 0000 was for premi babies. But both of my boys went into mostly 000's from birth due tot here length more then anything.

I would go by the first dating scan that you had, as the earlier in pregnancy you have the scan, the more accurate it usually is for due dates.
    Having said that, dont stress too much about it as most bubs arent born on their due dates anyway.
    Aidyn was 8lb7oz at birth (3.8kg) and he was straight into 000's (Bonds) and 0000/NB (Pumpkin Patch & other brands). He grew out of the 0000 before the first two weeks though...
    I would doubt that an 8lb baby would fit into 00000, and wouldnt even fit 0000 for very long either.

mooshie Guest

all 3 of mine have been over 8lbs
    8lb 8oz
    8lb 9.5oz
    8lb 9oz

and i only had 000's

i think the length is a problem, my ds was 56cm born and 000's fitted his length perfectly at birth i don't think anything smaller would have fitted him for length but body yes he probably would have fitted into 0000

56cm!!!! OMG!!! I have to ask, where his feet hanging out towards the end? LOL

Thats amazing! I thought mine where long at 51cms.

mooshie Guest

yup ds is a very tall boy he is 6yrs old and comes up to my shoulders and i am 5ft 8, dh is 6ft 2 so i guess that is where he gets it from and omg he is skinny as a rake, even tho he now eats as much as me lol - long and lean.

when he was born my ob commented on his length and also the size of his feet - in fact his exact words about his feet where "hmmm big feet you know what that means lol" (just quietly he is a big boy you know what i mean) lol

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Jonah was 7lb 5 1/2oz and 54cms long. He fit into 0000 for a few weeks atleast maybe even longer. As the others said don't worry about your EDD, she will come when she is good and ready

Hi Katie,
    my 2nd and 3rd bubbas wieghed in at:
    9lb 4oz, and
    8lb 10 1/2 oz
    The were only able to fit into 0000 for about 2 weeks if that, but bonds does make small sizes too for my boys anyways. The 000's were able to be worn for much much longer.
    The doctors can only guess though, you might have quite a nice sized bub,,,,,,only time will tell. Best of luck with it