Thread: 8 weeks preg and scared after 2 miscarriages last year

Default 8 weeks preg and scared after 2 miscarriages last year

Hi

Hoping i can get some advise on how to relax and not worry after losing two babies last year. I am ony 8 weeks gone but am experiencing very strong m/s (never had that before ) which I dont mind in the least as hopefully means preg is a strong one.

Exp slight twinges simular to ovulation every once and a while and a feeling of wetness or leaking which of course makes me rush to the loo to see if i am bleeding. Nothing there of course not even a slight dampness in the underwear which is quite confusing .Dreadful feeling to be so scared all the time...any advise would be greatly appreciated-

My doctor does not seem concerned - has booked me in for my first midwife visit and a couple of weeks down the track an appt with my obs - no-one seems concerned that I should not be doifg all of this until I am sure the preg will hold

mizzsocial Guest

Congrats on your pregnancy

I had a M/C in december 2003, and fell pregnant again March 2004 and was so paranoid about having another miscarriage.. to put my mind at rest, i accually got an ultrasound done at 8 weeks to confirm a viable pregnancy, and as soon as i saw the heartbeat i was much more relaxed then enjoyed my pregnancy..

Have you thought about having an early u/s?

I guess its natural for us to worry, especially when we have had m/c before.. Hang in there..

Hi Sue, it is completely understandable (and normal) that you would be feeling scared, considering what you have been through. I would tell you to try and relax, but I know that it is so much easier to say than do. All I can say is I [-o< that this will be a happy and healthy pregnancy for you, and remember you can post in BellyBelly anytime about anything and there are plenty of lovely people in here to offer support.

Also the wetness sounds a lot like normal vaginal discharge that a lot of women experience during pregnancy - I noticed an increase in it when I was pg, so hopefully that combined with the m/s is a good sign that all is going well.

Bon

thanks emma

feels so good to know there is someone out there who understands its a shame though that you are going thru the exact same thing- i am sure we will both be fine - i am going to ask my doctor for an ultrasound hopefully that will settle me down a bit-

good luckxx
    sue
    8-[

Melinda Guest

Sue,

It's totally normal, and understandable, to feel anxious considering what you have been through. I had 2 m/c before our son was conceived and I was a total nervous wreck for the duration of the pregnancy. I recently suffered a third loss, and am now 8w PG again. So this is actually my fifth PG - not great stats, but things are going along well at this stage which is of course a relief. I'm very anxious too and have found that frequent monitoring does provide some relief. I'm having fortnightly scans at present to ease my mind.

Take care........