Thread: About foods

Default About foods

Who has more of a sweet tooth in your pregnancy and who is more wanting spicy or fast foods or vegies and fruit.

And be honest!

I am shocking myself in this pregnancy all I ever feel like is homemade pizza with lebanese bread and healthy stuff on it, I have one a day. I love my vegies too, dont like chocolate at all , hate it but loved it before pregnancy.

The only fatty food I really like is bacon and eggs.

How abut you?

In the last few weeks it has been chocolate.
    When pg with Kimberley i had to have baked beans.
    With Alex i could eat anything it didn't matter what it was.

I am eating pretty healthy most of the time, but I seem to still have monthly cravings for sweet stuff (heaps of ice-cream and chocolate), like I am due for my period.

Otherwise, I eat 3-4 nectarines a day!

At the moment I must eat a subway sandwich everyday. When I had shocking m/s I would gag just from smelling it, but now I have to eat it and it MUST have cheese on it. I do have "cravings" for fruit and do eat fruit everyday especially now that all the yummy summer fruits are in, but the one thing I really want to eat right now is fish. Just the flake type. I havent had fish at all in about 10 years, but for the last couple weeks I have wanted to eat salty greasy flake! I ate some Mcdonalds fries the other day and they were soooo salty and soooo satisfying! So I suppose that means I want to eat savory foods!

Have to add though: choc is always good and satisfying.

*Michelle* baked beans are good for your heart, they make you smell that make you fart, the more you fart the better you feel, so eat baked beans for every meal! I can't eat them anymore! So unfair!

JoMarie That's the only swet thing I really like ice-cream could eat it all day. You just reminded me, thanks.

Karina now thank you for listing all those I just have to go eat again! yummo!!!

mum5boys Guest

Hi Soul, this pregnancy I have wanted salty chips with tomato sauce, salty pototo chips, picnics,raisin brunch bars and have been addicted to chocolate paddle pops.
    I have at least 3 a day which I know is bad but I can't stop myself, that could explain the 10kg weight gain in the 2nd tri,lol.
    Take Care
    Michelle

I've had salt cravings, and heaps of it.

Hot chips, crisps (grrrrr @ DH for eating all my salt & vinegar chips), salted peanuts ...

Mmmmm.....

Nyssa Guest

I've been into the salt too, but i've been trying to stay relatively healthy with it so eating things like multigrain bread with tomato and salt on it.. or popcorn... and stuff salted peanuts too mmmm I just get sick of eating though, can't sit down to a full meal can only eat small portions but basically have to eat every 3 or 4 hours to maintain the nausea...

Salt - I wish I could have salty peanuts (DH has a nut allergy, so nuts are out for me)! Salty crisps, loads of salt on my sandwiches, chips, soup... in fact I coult eat it straight from the cellar if I didn't need something to put the salt on. Salty popcorn rocks too!

Also milk and yoghurts; salty crackers with philly cheese is devine!

I have told off DH for eating my tortillas and dip, for eating S&V crisps, for attacking my cracker pile when I'm eating them... Poor love. But he knows not to come between me and cravy foods now!

I also want fresh fruit - Liebling likes apricots, bananas, raspberries and lettuce. I know it's the baby because I only really liked raspberries before, I couldn't have wanted to eat five bananas in a row pre-pregnancy! Nor did I go mad over apricots and lettuce, it was just a "it's there" thing. I really love my pineapple too right now, but I think that's because I want to induce early labour LOL.

Yeah its interesting how you might hate something before you were pregnant and then cant get enugh of it whilst pregnant. Beetroot was one for me, wasnt a lover of it but then went through a stage of not getting enough during this pregnancy. So long as its healthy I say listen to what your body needs!

At the moment I am loving milkshakes - vanilla-malted ones. I had to make a special trip to Coles this afternoon to get ice cream, vanilla syrup and malt so I could make one. YUM

My main thing has been coca-cola. I can't get enough of it! But it has to be half a glass of ice and half coke.
    I haven't really had any other cravings as such. I've had moments where I've really wanted salt. But one fix and I'm done. I had a short period of time (about 3 days) where I had to have nectarines, then it became grapes.
    Ice had been my consistent thing though. DH hates me sitting here crunching on it!

bellabub oh I am so blaming you if I put on exgra weight this week, after reading about vanila milkshakes I think I might find myself craving one daily now!

Oh, I didn't realise How much I was actually craving, but I craved foods before getting PG.

Sometimes I want potato and lots of it. and sometimes I just want dairy, and lots of it, and I'm talking icecream, yogo, milk,

Mcdonalds is really getting to me. Sometimes tough I just find myself craving fruit and vegies. I have decided that my body is asking for the right things, and I'm not over eating yet, ('cause I can't feel sick after small meals). Although I am very glad bananas are getting cheaper, I made banana cake and scones on the weekend

kungfubecca oh arn't you gald the price in bananas are dropping. I have had about 3 of them this week! lmao!

Went through a cheese and choccy phase (separately!), but nothing really - apart from all those things I can't eat (like blue cheese.....mmmmm).

Gone off veges though, have to make a real effort to eat them

Generally more keen on salty things.....

I'm another one with salt cravings...chips (hot and cold), anchovies, soy sauce, etc.

Also...I love lots of olive oil...tuna in olive oil, olive oil salad dressings...butter too!

The other thing I love is stodgy foods...bread, rice, pasta...

Struggling with vegetables though!

Currently obsessing about whether to make some fairy bread...mmmmm!!!