Thread: Accuracy of due dates?????

Question Accuracy of due dates?????

I am getting towards the end of my pregnancy and starting to get nervous about the birth, what happens after, how will I cope, how will my son cope etc etc. I've done this before but that doesn't seem to help! Got to love hormones!!

Anyway, my question is how accurate was your due dates? For example, did all of your babies arrive late and if so, how long after? Was one early and one late??

My son was born at 42 weeks and I am curious to know if the second will follow his/her big brothers lead.

Remember that EDD's are just that "estimated". Also that "normal" human gestation is 38-42 weeks so the magic 40 week number is just a guess at the inbetween.

My first DD was born 17 days post EDD, my second 41 + 4. HTH!

SugarDust Guest

my first was born on his EDD and my second was born at 42 weeks

My first was due on 15/02 by LMP and 10/02 by dating scan. He arrived on 12/02 and was according to the paed "classically overcooked" - very long nails, dry skin etc. And this was just 1 day and 4 hours after the EDD from the dating scan!!

My second arrived at 36w+3, based on EDD from dating scan (couldn't use LMP as I still wasn't regular after DS1), and was still 6pd8 and healthy, so probably not as "early" as the EDD would suggest.

My first DS was born 8 days post dates and my second was born 5 days post dates. Not much of a difference!

Although it all seems daunting, you'll cope just fine. You will be amazed at how quickly you can adapt

DS was 8 days over & DD was 10 days over.

I'll throw a spanner in the works :P

My mum had four...
    I was one day early according to LMP, my sister was 4 weeks early, my bro was 8 weeks early, and my other bro was 8 days past EDD.

This won't help, but just goes to show that it doesn't always follow the same pattern.

With my first, for some reason, I was given 4 different dates on 4 different occasions, plus my own based on LMP. My estimation was EDD 20/01, the 4 given by docs and midwives were 14/01, 13/01, 04/01, 03/01 ... he was born on 17/01.

My 2nd, EDD was 26/02, she was born 10/02. My 3rd EDD was 16/04, he was born 27/03. (after being in labour from 19/03) ...

Who knows with this one??

DS1 was a week late.
    DD was a week early.
    DS2 was 5 days early.

It's all just a guessing game really.