Thread: Acrylic nails

Default Acrylic nails

I know this is such a silly question, but I don't know the answer to it!

I had some acrylic nails put on before I became pregnant...now they are due to be re-filled. Is it safe to do so during pregnancy? I have been using Acetone-free nail polish remover on my nails and toe nails...but are the other chemicals they use at the salon safe for my baby?

*bump* *bump* Is anyone able to answer my question?

I asked the same thing of my nail technician when I was pregnant because I've had mine done since I was in Yr 12. The short answer is yes you can still do it. Even the technicians who are sitting with the fumes & dust all day don't inhale enough of it to cause any issues for the bub. Mine is actually pregnant at the moment is a high risk pregnancy due to other things & her OB has said bubby will be just fine.

The only thing you may have an issue with is the smell if you have m/s.

Thanks Sarah!! My nails are in desperate need of repair! I gave them to myself as a little treat before I got pregnant and now I was a bit scared what to do with them but now you have definitely put my mind at ease

M/s wise, I've been quite good so far (only early days tho) so I'm sure the smell won't get to me yet!

Fran,

They can be hard to manage when the baby gets here, though. I found I was constantly jabbing my baby with mine, so took them off.

Thanks Natalie...yes I will be taking them off in about a month or two. I struggle at the best of times with them, even though they were made shorter than what most people have them. I feel like I'm constantly poking my patients in the eyes (I'm an optometrist) so they've also made work a little harder...BUT they make my hands look much nicer *hehe* (I've bitten my nails from a very young age so they never grew back properly!)

I just make sure mine are short & the corners are rounded (I have them square) so I don't do any damage to Zander. Then again, as I said, I'm used to them having had them for over 10 yrs.