Thread: Ahhh, you gotta love baby brain!!!!!

Red face Ahhh, you gotta love baby brain!!!!!

Ok everyone, I have to share this because it seems to be giving most people a laugh.

We bought bread last week from the bakery (usually we are lazy and just buy it from Woolies) and it was taller than most bread you get from Woolies. Anyway, I decided one day I REALLY wanted jam on toast, and used this bread as it was a few days old and needed to be eaten. So I try to put it in the toaster.

Well, as I mentioned, it's much taller than most other breads and wouldn't fit. Hmmmm, it stumped me for a sec til I decided I'll just cut the end crust off it.

So I did, but unfortunately sacrificed the end crust (and I LOVE my crusts!).

Anayway, my sister was up, and she decided she wanted toast too so she uded the bakery bread and I said "oh you'll have to cut the crust off it it's too tall for the toaster".

She gave me the weirdest look and said "why didn't you just turn the toast the other way round?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Yeah..... well.... Suppose I could've done that if I wanted to!!!

Ah yes, baby brain is fantastic! Everyone remembers my daylight savings incident a few weeks ago don't they

Now, share some stories with me so I don't feel like such a silly goose!

DoubleK Guest

i too probably would have cut off the crusts.... and im not pg... lol

As soon as I read this I thought of your daylight saving "incident".

It is good that you are able to enjoy every moment and smile at your own silliness.

If it is any consolation I brought a load of washing in off the line yesterday, got sidetracked with the laundry basket still in my hand so absentmindedly took the (clean) clothes that were in the laundry basket and put them in the washing machine and washed them (again!)

And, I'm not even pg! Imagine what I will be like then

LOL Alisia! I don't even know where to start I have so many stories. Maybe I'll take the easy option and list the times when I DIDN'T have baby brain...ROFL .

Hmmm like that time i spent an hour on public transport into the city on a sweltering hot day to take Anthony his C/C because he had no money in his access account...

when i could have just transferred money of the c/c (visa debit) into his access account vua netbanking...
    boy did i feel like a fool... pmsl.

or like that time when I really wanted McDonald's. Waited in line, ordered and paid for my food, and then promptly left the store - minus my food!

ahhh, the silly things we do

I found the remote control in the fridge once...

haha leasha! At least you put the bread in the toaster, unlike me last week. I was standing at the bench, tapping the butter knife waiting for the toast to pop up and finally thought it was taking forever, and then realised I hadn't even put the bread in! I had the toaster out along with the knife, butter and honey!
    Today I tried to make a cup of tea with sugar and coffee!

Nic

I don't know where to start..... most of my problems happen at work. I spend half my day at work wandering around the office wondering why I was headed in that direction in the first place. I get back to my desk and remember and off I go again.

I leave my mug or bowl or fresh glass of water in the kitchen at work regularly. I forget to put sugar in my tea so have to walk back out to the kitchen to add it.

I have left my safety vest (used for walks to our warehouse) in the toilet for several hours and came across it by chance even though I'd been to the loo a couple of times since and must have walked past it each time and not noticed it.

I was doing a mail out the other day and kept sticking the wrong labels on the envelopes.

I keep forgetting to put documents in with computer equipment that I send for repair and then have to rip the toll bag open and start again so the company I'm sending it to will know where it's come from and why I've sent it.

I keep using the wrong speed dials for some odd reason so keep calling people I don't mean to call.

I have no idea how I'm going to manage another 7 weeks at work as people keep telling me your brain gets worse as you get further along.

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    haha leasha! At least you put the bread in the toaster, unlike me last week. I was standing at the bench, tapping the butter knife waiting for the toast to pop up and finally thought it was taking forever, and then realised I hadn't even put the bread in! I had the toaster out along with the knife, butter and honey!
    Today I tried to make a cup of tea with sugar and coffee!

Nic

PMSL

I was trying to work my new mobile phone and i got really upset it was not working .... it wasnt even turned on ...!!!

dh asked me a question as to where the dustpan was and i answered with " the pork was so tender and well cooked " ........ duh !!

I've got a corker from the year before that I posted. I'll try to find it

Enchanted Guest

I found this post searching the forums... had a laugh and then went off to find your other post Alisia about daylight savings time. I just spent the last 10 mins going through your posts trying to find it to then realise when I did find it that I had already read it