Thread: Am i?......

Default Am i?......

Hey guys, Im a little confused at the moment, I have Implanon in my arm its inserted correctly because i can feel it easily. I have PCOS but they gynocologist took me off the metformin because he didnt beleive it was helping me in any way. I have had irregular periods my entire life so im kinda used to that but after i came off the metformin i had regular periods for 4 months straight which was fantastic until now. Im currently 3 weeks late for my period and i have all the usual signs of pregnancy, all the same things i had when i was pregnant with my son. I have done 4 hpts and i had 2 faint positives 2 negative the next step is to have a blood test done but keep in mind i do still have the implanon in my arm.
    I just wanted to know if anyone knows the likelyhood of falling pregnant on implanon and if this has actually happened to anyone.
    Thanks guys
    Have a great day
    Mel

I don't know about implanon but all conception is imperfect. So there is a chance. Did you do the HPTs on the same day? If they were faint it might have been too early and that is why the negatives. I don't think you'll know for sure until the blood test or if those lines start getting darker. Sorry, I'm not much help I just know the feeling of not knowing .....

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heya
    Not too sure about the chances of getting PG on the implanon, but id heard (which means i could be wrong!) that the progesterone in the implanon can regulate your natural progesterone levels if your usual progesterone levels are low. Which would then make your progesterone levels high enough to fall pregnant...
    I heard this from a friend that got PG while on the implanon, who went to the doctor and complained that it was put in wrong etc etc, the doctor examined it and it was put in correctly, and went to explain about the progesterone levels. I hope that makes sense at all??
    I do know another girl that got PG while on it, but im not sure if hers was put in correctly or not...

But as i said, that could be wrong.
    Maybe go to your doc and get a blood test and find out what your HCG leves are

ETA: And also considering your periods have suddenly become regular after being irregular all that time, does show a sign that the progesterone levels in your body are regulated, because, correct me if im wrong, progesterone is what regulates your cycle?? Im not 100% on how, but im sure ive read that the progesterne level in your body after ovulation depends on how long your leuteal phase is?? No??
    Last edited by Butterfly_Princess; December 7th, 2007 at 02:05 PM.

Hey guys, Thanks for the input i had a blood test done yesterday and i get the results this afternoon, wish me luck
    Have a great day
    Mel

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heya
    Let us know how it goes asap!!
    Hope its good news!!

Hey guys,
    Blood test came back negative I had the implanon removed to try and regulate cycle a bit better by just using the pill instead we will see how that goes.
    Have a great day
    Mel