Thread: Am I going crazy??

Default Am I going crazy??

Hello,

This is my first time on here and I was after some advice. After trying to get pregnant for 5 months, I now find myself 5 weeks pregnant. At first I was so excited, now I am scared to the point that I make myself sick.

I had several terminations a long time ago, the last being 8 years ago and have been told I have an increased chance of an ectopic pregnancy or a incompetent cervix, I therefore find myself searching the net for all these problems and basically making myself sick with worry.

Have other people had these kinds of feeling, as I feel like I am LOOSING MY MIND!!

Thanks

Hi Lisa and welcome to BB,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Wishing you all the best for a H&H 9 months.

Can understand why you are feeling the way you are, but think positive everything will be just fine.

Take care Leah

Hi Lisa,

First of all welcome to BB. You have come to the right place for lots of advice and support and congratulations on your pregnancy.

What you are feeling is completly normal. I am sure everything will be fine with bubs. Have you thought about getting an early ultra sound done?? If you go to your GP and ask to have one done they cannot refuse you esp. if you are at a higher risk of having an ectopic etc... Also then you may feel a bit more reassured with the pregnancy. I would suggest getting one done at about 7 weeks as you would be able to see a heart beat then.

Good luck.

Custardtart Guest

Hi Lisa,
    I don't know if this is a pointless thing to say, but PLEASE try not to worry! There is every chance that you will experience a normal, healthy pregnancy and have a lovely baby. Stressing yourself out over potential problems will only make you sick with worry - and it is very easy to get stressed when your hormones are fluctuating wildly.

I don't think there is a single Mum on this board who hasn't gone through the 'what if...' stages during pregnancy, but don't go looking for trouble before it hits your door! There will be plenty of time to stress later IF something happens, until then, keep a positive outlook and believe that everything will be ok until proven otherwise.

The very best thing you can do for yourself and your baby is to relax and take care of yourself, not stress out and research potential problems.

(hugs)

Kerrie