Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amnio - not good news

clare076 Guest

Default Amnio - not good news

We finally got in for our amnio 30 mins after booked time, They started out by measuring bubs, and of course we are way behind. At our 13 weeks scan bubs head measured 12w, well today exactly 3 weeks later, bubs head is only measuring 14w3d. We are now measuring 13 days behind.The abdomen measurement is only 12w, so miles behind considering we are 16 weeks today.

They also found a problem with the choroids in the brain, they are assymetrical and one is pushing into the midline of the brain, the other onto the lateral wall. They said it is difficult to say definately whether there is a problem due to sizing etc, but they are definately concerned.

They did go onto say that they could not identify a hare lip, although again may be early and hard to tell in 2D scans, also bubs fingers are straight, not clenched as most tri 13 + 18 bubs have.

On the way out I spoke with the Doc again, and he is going to try and get the FISH results pushed through for tomorrow evening, at the latest fri morning. He also told me that if it comes out positive for tri 13 or 18, the results will not change with the final results, so we can act on it ASAP if we want to.

Unfortunately that will mean I have to go through L&D and have all the lovely side effects associated with that, but at least I may be able to see the baby, and possible have a burial or something. Not quite sure how that works.

So until fri, all we know is that there is a definate problem, but we still dont know what it is.

Thankyou everyone for your support and kind words. If anything positive has come from this, I have met some wonderful people on BB, and hopefully made some friends.
    We may only have had this baby on loan but we will be back, (actually your not going to get rid of me that easily.)

Thanks Michelle for all your help, I am so glad I got to meet you today. And I am so sorry I made your appointment delayed by an hour (hope you didn't wet yourself)

I will update again on friday when I know more

Clare
    xxxxxxxxx

Best of luck for your amnio results Clare - I'll be thinking of you.

Clare,
    I am wishing you all the very best... I hope the results come back in your favour.

I went through L&D of my baby Noah in Feb this year, we had to interrupt the pregnancy due to Noah having terminal abnormalities... If you need to talk, or want some information about my situation, please feel free to email me.. my email address is in my profile.
    You and your family will be in mine and my familys thoughts and prayers
    Lisa

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Clare, my thoughts are with you and I will keep my fingers crossed for you for the results.

Clare,
    Its all seems very surreal. I hope things are OK with you.
    It sounds like nothing is completely definite yet, but I want to ensure you know there is a great deal of support on offer in the miscarriage and loss thread from many of us who have also suffered loss.

I dont know what L&D means?

Anyway - I hope there is still some hope that your little bubba could be fine, and things progress the way you want them too.

I'll be thinking of you till Friday. Here's hoping for some good results.

Best of luck with it all.

Clare just sending you the biggest hug ever.

I've been at a loss since hearing your news today and when Craig walked out of the scan room and said it might not be good news my heart just died if i was anywhere else i would have cried for you. I would have waited hours knowing it was you in that room. Don't worry i did wee myself i had to go before she did the scan.

You know to call if you need to talk and if you want i will drive up and see you. Thinking of you and still praying so hard things are ok.
    My thoughts are with you, Craig and Shelby right now.

Clare I'm so sorry you've had such a heart-wrenching day. I'm praying for you all.

Oh Clare, thinking of you and DH. Can't imagine what you're going through. I had a little cry for your baby. It might be on loan, but they're only loaned to the special few.

You are in my thoughts Clare!!

Firstbump Guest

Best of luck Clare for your results. I hope eveything works out for you.

Thinking of you and your family Clare.

I will be thinking of you and bubs Claire :Hugs:

I can not imagine what you are going through right now but your story bought tears to my eyes. My thoughts are with you during this hard time.

Clare this must be so difficult for you and your family, my thoughts are with you all. Best of luck with the tests.

Clare, I've been thinking of you since your last post. Just know that whatever the results and whatever you choose to do, the support is always here if you need it.

Love,

Mel

Clare my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Wishing you positive results....

Clare, best of luck for Friday. My thoughts are with you hun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast