Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amniocentesis

Thanks Lucy - and congrats on finding out you are having a little boy!

I guess reading your original post made me feel a little more nervous about the NT scan and the accompanying blood tests, but not in a bad way though - like you before (and lots of others I'm sure), I'm probably sitting here thinking 'it'll never happen to me', but it is helpful to hear that these things DO happen, and that we just have to deal with them if they do - and that we have support of all the lovely BB girls!

I'm just so looking forward to seeing that there is actually a little person in there - so far I wouldn't know it at all!!

Thanks again,
    Bertie

Anna Kegel Guest

Default Amniocentisis

Well I had my amniocentisis yesterday and am happy to report to those worried about the procedure, that I could not even feel it. My doctors personal stats for MC was 1/400 which also gave me confidence. I have been very worried about MC and went home and rested. After about an hour my stomach became sore so I just lay there. When I got up after 3 hours I got so dizzy and nearly passed out then started throwing up so I immediately checked the MC checklist and thankfully those symptoms were not on there. It was probably just me recovering from shock and relief that the procedure was over. The doctor told me not worry about getting Fast Fish results unless I was overly stressed about the whole thing. It cost $350 extra and if it comes back DS then you definately are, but if it comes back not, it is not 100% accurate and you still need to wait for the standard test results to come back after 10 days which you still get as well. My original screen test came back 1:4 which I learnt later was a big mistake and it was recalculated at 1:227. With this new US result I think I can wait the 12 days. NOt sure that they will ring me on a Saturday and it is a long weekend. 8-[

Just wanted to say that I am so happy that everything has turned out ok...

Take it easy now... you have been through enough!

Anna,

I am glad the procedure went OK, and that it wasn't painful.

And I really hope the waiting goes as quickly as it possibly can for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123