Thread: another one too soon?

Question another one too soon?

Im real happy with my one daughter, who is one, but my husband and I have been thinking about trying for number two. Do you think its too soon? Are there many pros and cons about having two little ones so close together?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Shazd - I have 2 boys that are just under 2 years apart, and while it can be demanding at times, I really look forward to them being a little older and being able to play together as mates!

You have to do what is right for your family, and remember you will still have another 9 months alone with your little girl after you fall pregnant!

I am TTCing for No 3 now and if I am successful my youngest 2 will only be 15/16 months apart!

Fire Fly Guest

Im actually haveing the same dilemma with #3. We just started talking about going again not really makeing a decision, but it appears my body has made the decision already (yet to confirm with HPT). My DS is only 8 months old so if i were pg then he would be around 17/18months. I suppose he would be running around and may or maynot still be BFng but im concerned i wouldnt be able to give him the attention he requires.
    Now i remember rightly i felt the same way with DD before DS came. She was 3 months of turning 3 and i have to say that age was great to introduce #2 for us.
    I think you need to way up the pros and cons of do you want two in nappies (thats assuming DD is not toilet trained yet), will she still be B/Fng (thats if you are), do you want them reasonably close together so they can go to school together etc, or space appart abit so the eldest is a bit more self sufficient i.e can go to toilet on her own, play happily while your feeding bub, can help with bathing bub without trying to get in to lol.
    It is a hard decision but only you can truly answer, everyoned situation and needs are different.
    Good luck.

I dont think its too soon personally. If you are ready, go for it!! Good luck

There is a big and interesting discussion here on this subject.......lots of varying opinions!

Ummm my DD turned 1 a week and a half ago and #2 is due any day.........I say go for it!

I don't think it's too small a gap...I fell pg with DD when DS was 12 months old and he was 21 months when she was born. It has worked out well for us, although of course those early weeks can be hard, but I think that is the case with any new baby. I actually didn't mind having 2 in nappies, it is not too hard to change two at once, the only thing is the expense of buying two lots of nappies (probably not so much of problem if you use clothies though).

If you want to do it - go for it!

Looks like I am going out on a limb here. I really don't personally like the idea of having babies too close together. My eldest 2 are 2 years and 9months apart and then I have a 7 year gap then Noah and Tehya are 2 years and 10 months apart. Now I'm sure not saying go for the 7 year gap, But I think the way I have spaced out my children is great.

I like the idea of having the time to spend with my baby, although it is not undivided I don't have the issues of 2 in nappies, or waiting for one to wean. My SIL has her 2 children 11 months apart, and I used to find it so sad when the eldest who was clearly still a baby needing and wanting attention but not getting it as there was a new bub that needed attending to.

Of course I am sure that there will be people who disagree with me. That's fine, I am just saying that it's not for me. I want to be able to give all of my children my time and attention they need as babies

Hmmm....I agree with Trish on this one.

I PERSONALY, don't think it is fair on the babies to have them so close together. I use to Nanny a brother and Sister who were 11mths apart and the eldest was still a baby. And as much as the parents were trying their best to give him the attention he needed, they just couldn't. It so sad to watch.

Now I am not trying to cause any conflict here. This is just MY opinion, and I am definately NOT judging anyone out there with small age gaps. I am sure you are all fantastic parents. Just saying that it's not what I want for my little girl (hmmm it's hard to explain without being direct. Oh well.)

In an ideal world I would have liked mine further apart, but my age and my fertility were not on my side......so you need to look at what works for you and your family in the long run......