Thread: Anterior placenta & feeling babies movements?

Default Anterior placenta & feeling babies movements?

Hi there I have been told from my u/s results that I have an anterior placenta...

I know this wont effect the birth but was wondering....

For those that have or have had an anterior placenta & was wondering when did you relly feel baby kicking & when did your partner feel the kicks?

I am almost 22 weeks & I only feel a little movement or bubble feeling....

How long could it be before we can feel som real kicks??

Melinda Guest

I didn't have an anterior placenta, but from what I had read on it (here on BB) it is common for you not to be able to feel movement as much.

If you do a search, you'll probably come up with quite a few posts on this actually!

Melinda Guest

HERE is a link for you. HTH?

Thanks for that Melinda... At least I know it is normal to not feel movment till late...

I've got an anterior placenta and I didn't feel movement until after quite a few of the girls in my belly buddies group and even now I feel the big movements but not the pokey little ones. I thought that this was a lazy bubs in comparison to Yasin but when the midwife used the doppler we could hear bubs wriggling around; I just couldn't feel it.
    AFAIK the only thing that is likely to be differant from a posterior placenta is, because babies often face the placenta its more likely to be a posterier presentation which can cause more backache in early labour so you might want to make sure your support people are well versed in back massage.

Thanks for your reply Dach... I look forward to hearing how your birth goes then... since this is # 2 for you & different to Yasins pregnancy...

Hi Mitch... I have an anterior placenta and I missed all those fluttery feelings that people talk about and at about 23 weeks both DH and I felt the first kick at the same time! VERY exciting.

I dont think I feel as many kicks as I would with a posterior placenta, but there's plenty of movmenet, and as baby gets bigger, more so.

angelique Guest

Hi Mitch,

I have an Anterior Placenta too. I feel slight kicks but nothing full on at the moment. May I recommend you get a Doppler so you can monitor your baby. I find that when I lie down on the couch and relax I start to feel the kicks. My OB told me you wont feel much till after 20w.

Hope this helps babe. Dopplers are a life saver.

I ahve an anterior placenta and it took ages to feel anything compared to my 1st pg. I think i felt slight flutters at around 15-16 weeks and then nothing. At my 18 week u/s the reason was shown to be the placenta. I started to feel tiny movements again at about 20 weeks but only once i was lying in bed. I could feel bubs on the outside from 21 weeks but i think that is because i could confirm it from feelings on the inside IYKWIM. DH didn't feel bubs till about 25 weeks and DS (4 yrs) at about 26-27 weeks. I could only start to see movement from the outside at 23 weeks and by 25 it was obvious but still not in huge quantites. I love the way it looks to see my belly move - but damn that placenta ](*,) .

After having a growth spurt and i am guessing my placenta moving up i can now in the last week or so feel movement up higher closer to my (.Y.)., but still not a huge amount - the movements I feel have maybe doubled.

I hope it isn't too long now Mitch before you get more regular movements. And i dare say by the end of the pg you may be wishing the little one would give it a rest

Take care Kas

Thanks for the replies guys

At least I know that at some stage DH will be able to feel bubs move,.... damn placenta... its a shame that you cant do anything to make it move LOL... But I guess it could be worse...

Will keep you updated with progress hehehe

crazy cat lady Guest

hi

I felt mine kick at a little more than 20 weeks. When I had my 20 week US she was kicking away and the tech kept asking, did you feel that? what about that one? I didn't feel a thing. BUT, when I finally did feel it, it was completely unmistakeable -- they were big kicks! They were so strong that my husband felt them at the same time (I've read usually they can't be felt from the outside until somewhat later). HTH.

--Angela

Hi Mitch

It is normal not to feel much movement from your baby early in your first pregnancy. You should start to feel kicks in the next couple of weeks or so

angelique Guest

Hi Girls,

Since you all share the anterior placenta, I have a question for you all.

Is it normal to feel lots of movements at certain parts of the day say, morning and night, and hardly any during the day? I am not sure what is normal or not as my baby changes all the time but seems to be more active at night and at the crack of dawn. Im getting the impression you should feel kicks every hour. Is that true?

Just getting paranoid that is all.

Angelique, your baby has times when it is awake and also times when it is asleep. When bubs is asleep you won't feel it moving. When you are moving araound through the day the rocking helps lull your baby to sleep and when you are lying still its more likely to wake up. Also when you are busy you are less likely to notice movement because you are distracted.
    I think that most Mums will notice that thier baby has a distinct sleeping pattern. If your baby isn't moving when its usually awake you can drink something cold and lie down and see if it starts to move.