Thread: anxiety attacks

Default anxiety attacks

Anyone get random anxiety attacks thinking "what the hell am I doing?" or "I don't think I can do this?" and then everythings perfectly fine and back to normal comfort zone but during the attacks it doesn't feel like you'll ever be able to unstress and cope?

Sorry not sure if that made sense need to go to bed i thinks..

Darl i went thru that with DD...and its normal..... u will be surprised how u will cope once ur bubba is here.....!!

I member... we are belly buddies and always here for u when ever u wanna chat

Yeah, I had them really bad a few years back but that was realted to my pituitary adenoma more than anything else. Spending time around my father makes me anxious too and I find it takes me a few weeks to get over it after seeing him. It's been more than a month since I last saw him now and I'm still getting them so I don't know if it's related to pregnancy, the tumor or my dad!!

I think as baby's arrival approaches it's natural to worry about everything, like if you have everything you need, wondering how you'll cope, etc. I know it sounds obvious but try not to worry and talk it out with your friends or here at the forums and you'll feel better I'm sure. If you're still anxious, talk to your midwife and I'm sure she'll have some good suggestions or a referal for you.

Celtic Moon
    I hear you !!!! Infact mine have got so bad that i have had to seek the help of a professional .... i am seeing a Kinesiologist who seems to be working wonders..

My anxiety is from the known though, i had a really really hard time with DS for about 18months (he did not like sleep) and had lots of sickness. This is what my anxiety stems from.. im guessing if this is your first it is from the unknown,

it is hard to block anxiety out... i have had to do something about mine as it was getting to the point of affecting the way i was feeling about the pregnancy. I am feeling really good now though.

Hang in there and like someone else said its amazing whar you can deal with ... its only really been something that has hit me since getting pregnant with #2 as we were so worried that we nearly didnt have another one.

I'm glad I'm not alone, yes I think it's the unknown. This morning I'm fine (a bit tearful at random at absolutely nothing). I think it's just when I start reading about ppl feeling all these movements and labors and thinkin of going through the birth and all the risks I work myself into a panic esp. when I think about who will or won't be in the room with me and how my parents will react when I tell them (very very badly), and worried about my next check up scan (what if theres no heartbeat??). I can't study I can't do my assignments, think it's all just building up they mostly happen when I'm really really tired (not my usual tired tired lol). Wow I'm blabbering heaps lol, omg just realised what the time was I went to bed at 11 and only just woke up lol, theres most the day gone..

Celticmoon

You are pregnant and your hormones are flying around like crazy. You will be fine.... its absolutely normal to feel emotional especially early on in your pregnancy.

Why dont you think your parents will be happy ??

hi,

I sometimes say to myself what are you doing? but then I remind myself i knew what i was getting into, thousand of women go throuh this. I can too.

I'm sure your parents will be fine, you said you where studying, well if that is part of what's worrying you, well thousands of people have kids and go to school at the same time. Just hang in there.

My parents, well my dad, hates the person I'm with and we haven't been together long, he always said if I got pregnant before the age of 30 and married he'd march me down to the abortion clinic and at one point threatened me with physical violence if I ever were to fall pregnant. I will say I was 15 at the time and since I've not been living at home his temper and our relationship has improved dramatically (not excusing the fact he is an ahole). My mum will probably pity me and then run off and tell everyone she knows like normal, which is why I'm not looking forward to that talk..

Study, I go to university, I'm too tired to do anything I start reading my textbooks I get headaches, feel I'm going to vomit and fall asleep it's stressing me I can't concentrate at all and I just changed my minor to accounting and can't work any of the numbers just all sort of weighing on my mind.

Thanks for sharing your experiences its good to know I'm not the only one thought I was just being an emotional twit lol. *Big hugs* to everyone out there in a similar boat (stress wise) to me

some peoples are just aholes - and unfortunatly, we cant help it if we happen to be related to them - esp hard if its your dad. Big hugs to you. Hope when the time comes to tell them it all goes well. Are you waiting till 12 weeks?
    Can you cut back abit on your study load? At least till your into the 2nd trim and starting to feel more on top of things? it might help you deal with all that is going on. So so many peoples get so tired in the first trim, and if you have all these other fears to worry about with your parents, something perhaps has to give.
    We are female, so prone to be abit emotional at times. And being preg, just seems to make it worse. I can pretty safely say that i cry nearly every day, if not every second day. Over nothing in particular sometimes, just cause i tired, worried, stressed - but, just cry over stuff that i normally can handle.
    We will all listen to you, and offer advise the best we can. Maybe tell your parents over the phone, so, that way, you can end the call when you are ready. If you go to visit them, you will have all that awkard silence stuff.

If I cut back my study load anymore I don't get any government assistance and as my dad is out of a job my parents couldn't help me either and jobs around here aren't the easiest to find and I'll be too tired and sick anyway lol.

It's ok I can usually cope, just sometimes the cracks show. Doesn't help DP is off with his wife (they're seperated) currently being her slave while I get to go through everything alone. (she just had surgery he felt obligated to help her, more like he wanted a fast broadband connection to play World of Warcraft).

I have my furr babies that snuggle up with me whereever I sit or lay down, biggest stress relief in the world animals :-).

How's everyone else coping?