Thread: anyone else down?

Default anyone else down?

sorry everyone but Im having a whine again
    I have a question for all those already mums, you know how people say they loved being pregnant? Well I thought I would too but apart form the odd bit of excitement (ultrasounds etc) Im feeling a little bit down about how long this is taking and how I still have ages before I meet my little bundle. I feel a bit like there is no point getting excited because it is still months before anything happens. I didn't expect to feel like this...is it normal? Will I get excited closer to the birth and really enjoy my pregnancy? I think maybe I might be feeling like this cos I don't really have a belly and to most people I don't look 5 months pregnant either! Im sorry for the whinge I just thought I might ask and see what everyone thought! Hopefully this won't be what pregnancy is like for me cos I do really want to enjoy it!
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    xox

Hi Nay, I'[m sorry you're feeling this way, it does make it seem to drag on forever doesn't it? The feelings that you're having are normal and we all go through periods where we just want it over with so we can meet our little ones. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from thinking aobut the time left? Like getting the nursery organised, or even enrol in a course or something so you have something else to focus on over the coming week etc other than the baby?

nay23, I'm not an 'already mum', but I've been feeling down too. I guess the hormones aren't helping! (and 40 weeks seems like a long time to wait!!). Maybe try doing something that you enjoy to lift your mood (having a nice bath, going for a walk, going out for a good meal, etc). I've also been knitting a baby blanket - makes the bubba seem more real!!

As for not looking pregnant, try buying some maternity clothes. My friend didn't look very pregnant either, but she went to pumpkin patch & bought some nice mat. clothes & she looked much more pg!!

paradise lost Guest

Hi nay,

Sorry you're feeling a bit low. I too felt "over" being pregnant at about 20 weeks so i know where you're coming from. I actually took a long break from talking about pregnancy - i even stopped visiting BB for a few months!

I wanted to ask if you're feeling the baby move much yet? I felt DD from 15 weeks but nothing very definite until about 22 weeks and from then on she kicked and rolled and hiccupped and wriggled and i thought of her all the time simply because she was dancing inside me all the time. From that you get to feeling you know your bundle a little already, you know? It felt great to me when she was born, holding her little right foot and knowing it'd been that little foot trying to crack through my ribcage on the right for the last 3 months.

I also sang to her every day for the last 4 months she was in the womb and the day she was born i sang the same lullaby and she looked at me with total recognition. It was amazing. I still sing it to her now and it never fails to soothe.

It's also worth remembering that most women who loved being pregnant are saying so in retrospect, knowing they were carrying their little baby, and who that little baby actually IS. It's hard when they're still a stranger inside you, but it gets easier. And also, pregnancy is wonderful, especially compared to the effort and for many, pain, of labour and the wonderful but relentlessly demanding, exhausting first weeks with your newborn. I can remember finding pregnancy fine, but hating the medical attentions (don't like docs much), the random aches and pains and the growing weight of the baby inside me kind of tiring. Yet i look back now all warm and fuzzy and rose-tinted and ask DP "when do YOU want a baby....?"

Hana

thanks heaps everyone
    Im feeling a lot better now I know that its ok to have ups and downs i guess it can't all be full on excitement or by the end we would be very tired lol
    Thanks for all your ideas I think I might try to plan a weekend away for DH and myself just to have something extra to look forward to.
    Take care everyone
    xox