Thread: Anyone else feel this way?

Red face Anyone else feel this way?

Morning All,

I am petrefied that at my 18 week scan next week that there will be no heart beat!

I have no reason to be thinking like this - have sore boobs, bulging tummy and still MS every morning.

I think that I have heard so many stories about this sort of thing happening to far to many of the lovely ladies on here - so what is to stop it happening to me?? IFYWIM??

My doctor told me that I may feel like this at this stage - she said its the "in-between" stage - you feel better but you dont feel bubs move yet and its kind of a nothing stage for me but Bubs is doing extrordinary things!! I hope she is correct!

I am normally very positive and I speak to bub all the time and i know in the back of my mind that eveything will be ok - but I cant stop my mind form thinking bad things! Espec after my first preg ended in M/C - but early at 6 weeks.

I am looking fwd to the time I feel bubs move and then I will know its ok!

Sorry to rant on and I hope that I have not offended anyone!
    Hope we all have a good day!!
    Thanks for listening again!
    Kate

I have felt like this every time I have had a scan too! I think it's totally normal to be a bit anxious about it.
    I'm sure you will feel a huge relief as soon as you see bub giving you the thumbs up!

Thanks Raven!
    I am certainly counting down the days till the 30th!!
    GL with your little bundle too!

Have you thought about buying or hiring a doppler? I know that when i bought mine when pg with #2 it eased so many worries i had.

Goodluck with your scan.

I felt like this every time I had a scan too! I think its pretty normal.

I remember feeling exactly like that. It was always such a relief to get to a scan and see everything was ok. Then the worry would return the next week because it was so long to wait until the next scan. LOL
    Sounds like you have a nice dr.

I feel exactly the same so i decided to hire a doppler as Anthia suggested. It has been a life saver for me to be able to hear bubs heart beating whenever i feel anxious or 'un-pregnant'.

Good luck for your scan, i hope it helps to relieve your anxiety - and after that bubs will probably give you a big fat kick for being so worried xoxo

Hi Kafer
    I came in here to suggest a doppler also. I listen to my bubs heartbeat everyday and it is sooo reassuring to hear it between OB appointments.

Thanks Ladies,
    I think that I will invest in one - as I ive in the country I think I would have to get one off e-bay? Any one purcjased one form e-bay and been happy??

Hey Kate, yep its pretty normal, I am totally paranoid, but my boobs are huge, my belly has popped...alll good signs. I got a doppler from kmart for $50. Unfortunately I have an anterior placenta and have trouble hearing it...adding to my anxiety. On the upside, bubs has started giving me some good movements.

Good luck with your scan

Hey there Minimatron

Just wondering where abouts in K-Mart you found the doppler?? was it in the baby section or somewhere else?? - I'd be pretty interested to purchase one but like most K-Marts my one up the road is a bit of a mess and most of the staff don't know where things are/belong....

Also - sorry to be a pain - but what brand is it?? so I can keep a look out for the box

TIA

DianneQ - you read my mind! We have a K-mart in Shepparton (15 mins form where I live) so I was going to have a look there too - and ours is a complete mess as well!!
    Thanks for asking those questions!!
    Kate

Must of read your mind KaferGirl - I'm a worrier also

HEy Girls,
    It was $49.95 and in the baby section, near all the safety products. You get the doppler, 2 ear phones and an attatchment that goes to your computer so you can record it and email it. You also have to buy the 9 volt battery for it...about $6. Its a Summer brand. HTH.
    I still havent heard our heartbeat of bubs, but I heard it kick I was just laying on the bed with it. yay

Thanks Minimatron - I'm going to buzz them now and see if they have one at my local - have fun with your kicking bubba