Thread: Anyone get really hot

Default Anyone get really hot

Since finding out I'm preg at night I feel really hot. I have always enjoyed snuggling into my doona at night but these days I am so hot I can't have the doona on, DH even asked last night asked if I wanted the fan on, even though the temp of the room was not that hot.

I was sooooo hot during my pg... I felt like I was cooking inside of my own skin! For me it was the worst pg symptom to endure... I also think it may have been related to the fact that I gained a huge amount of weight during the entire pg (40kg) and my body was just not coping with the extra padding of fat that come on so suddenly LOL.
    Every night I had to jump in the shower and then go and lie down on some towels on the bed and let the fan dry me off. It was torture without aircon....
    LOL, ok my rant is over... can you tell I hated being hot?

Yep me too. I have always been a cold frog, but even before I found out I was pregnant I started having cold showers. Poor DH had to put up with a fan on every night.

I absoloutly hate summer:frown: and being pregnant has made it ten times worse. DP is always getting frustrated with me cause im always so hot and he doesnt seem to understand why. Apparently its because we have all this extra blood flowing through our bodies.

yeah extra blood raises your body temp, read somewhere preg ladies can be up to 6 degrees hotter than everyone else....

Mmm. I usually love the hot weather and DH hates it, but at the moment I'm the one lazing in front of the fan or upping the aircon in the car Especially my feet! They seem the worst affected of all of me.
    Take care and I hope you go ok through the summer - at least it'll be cooller weather when you're at your fattest!

I am finding that its way too hot at night for me so I have to kick off the doona and put on a fan so I dont sweat heaps. I also show up to work in Tshirts while everyone else whinges that its too cold!

I'm still shivering - in fact, DH and I have duvet wars. He tried to steal it all last night, the cold woke me up and I had to steal it all back. I even needed a duvet during the summer, which DH hated!

I'm SO hot, like Snacks, especially the feet. DH can't understand it because normally it's him feeling the heat - he's from northern England and so the summers here still knock him over occasionally (even though this is his 10th summer here). During the day is not too bad, but nighttime is awful. I slept with the fan on last night and it was a little more bearable... guess I'll just have to do that a bit more often and close my eyes when the poewr bill comes!

What's funny is that in my first weeks I was really cold!! And it was winter then, so I can't win LOL

I normally am the type of person to feel the cold and DH to wear only shorts in the middle of winter and feel fine, but when i was pregnant it was the other way round in our house. DH would be sitting infront of the heater and i was fine just sitting in short sleeves. So yeh definately your body temp goes us when youre pregnant