Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babies Close Together

Don't you just LOVE the way people comment when they often have absolutely no idea what they are sprooking about!

I have learnt to smile pathetically and say "mmm is that how you see it?"

We have a little over 5 years between our first children - by choice due to study/work and that I found mothering very challenging the first time around. Five years later when Finn was born I relished the role - I fell in love with mothering. I found the five year gap easy back then but now it is more challlenging as my 3 (soon to be 4) younger children are at a different stage than my now 10 year old daughter. Lucy and Eva are 16 months apart and I got the lot - 'you're mad', 'you're going to be busy' etc etc. People didn't comment as much when I was pregnant with Lucy - Finn was just over 2 when she was born. I can with all honesty say that the smaller gap was the easiest. I pray this baby that I am pregnant with now will stick and I will give birth in September. For a while I will have 4 under 6. It isn't really an issue for me. I love them all - it's hard work at times but the upside is they all play together happily and there are always 'friends' to play with.

Whatever gap there is there are challenges. We all need to do what feels right for our very personal situations. People who comment often just don't think.

love Deb

imagine the comments my gran must have got - she had 16 babies over a period of 18 years!!! :shock: but then it was more 'normal' back then.

i have had 5 kids #1 i lost to sids, gap between #2 #3 2.5 years, #3 #4 13.5 months,#4 #5 14.5 months.

so i had 4 children under 5, with 3 under 2.9years.

I pregnant again, with #6, after an 8 year gap, i will be trying strait away for #7, so they can be as close as the rest of them.

chrissy :flower:

Hi
    My youngest 4 kids are 5,4,3 and 2 years old. They occupy each other and are very close. They enjoy the same things and although they obviously fight, they are learning to share with each other and generally get along better with kids their own age. I love watching them help each other and cant wait to see them at school together!

ASKJune02 Guest

Hi all!

My beautiful daughters are 10 1/2 months apart, turning 8 & 9 this year! They are the best of friends and have been a joy to be around. I always got really negative comments, particularly because I was a very young mum, (nearly 16 when DD1 was born, nearly 17 when DD2 born), and I did it all by myself as their father (it shocks people to know that they have the same father ) left me when I was 2 months pregnant with our second.

I just did my own thing and ignored the stupid comments, got my senior certificate, finished uni, now I'm expecting number 3 with my wonderful husband, and am getting comments like, "geez, that's a big gap, isn't it?" I just keep my mouth shut, and think - well it's us who are raising them, not you! I honestly couldn't be happier with the way things have worked out, and wouldn't change a thing.

Sharleen

I know exactly how you feel Sharleen!! When I was pg with my 5th my dr asked me who the father of this one was!!!!!!!!!! Ive been married to the same guy for 11 yrs, we are very happy and he is the father of all my children. But you know, even if they all had different Dads I dont think people have a right to voice an opinion!

I'm expecting my 3rd (our 4th) and am currently 6.5 months pregnant and our youngest was 9 months old yesterday. DSS and DS are 12 months apart (DSS is 4, DS is 3) so we will soon have 4 aged 4 and under. Being 20 I get a LOT of rude comments about this things like 'when will you stop' 'havent you got enough' and even as blunt and incredibly rude as 'havent you been told to keep your legs shut'

Why they think they have the right I'll never know. If health would permit we'd be having another one after this bub but that might not be an option. When people pass rude comments I always make sure to tell them that we would love another child. It generally stops them commenting because they're too shocked to reply.

I wish people would keep there opinions to themselves tho, they have no right to be so rude!

Ooooerrr... this reminds me of a lady my Aunty was telling me about... she had 6kids under 5!! Her name was Mrs Gunn! LOL

My comments were that back then no-one even cared, but now-a-day ppl are shocked when you have 2 under 2!

Anyway...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12